Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david_f Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Kennedy-Western University NOW Warren National University
    Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they are accredited by a viable US Agency? I appreciate any help!
    waeynee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:17 AM
    Kennedy Western is not accredited. It is only licensed. The degree you get cannot seek for employment in government agencies. Licensing should not confuse you with accreditation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 4, 2007, 12:43 PM
    Offering Flexible Online Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate degrees
    They make no claim to be accredited by any agency approved by the US Dept of Education. They are very honest and don't even try to say they are accredited Many of these places try to make it appear they are, they make no such claim on any site I could find

There appears to be some complaints, while I don't like using wikipedia since it can contain incorrect things, their site lists some of the schools issues including changing mailing address.
    Warren National University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    bigdman Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Sep 5, 2007, 09:36 AM
    Great school, licensed in 1984. I'm a graduate of two accredited colleges and attended one other accredited university and Warren's program is the toughest I've found. I was on a college academic development board also, Warren has responded over the years to student's/ faculty recommendations, as well. Check out their alumni, you'll find some very successful people in both Government and private industry. I would rate this progam highly against any in the nation. Free trade laws guarantee (successfully defended by Warren) that your degree will not be descriminated against.

Bigd
    Harold P Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by david_f
    Forgive me if this question has already been asked and talked about. I am enrolled with Kennedy-Western, and now have a bad feeling about them. I cannot find where they are an "Accredited" postsecondary school, only licensed in the state of Wyoming. Does anyone know and can prove to me that they are accredited by a viable US Agency? I appreciate any help!
    KW has never been and will never beeen an Accreditied University. I suggest you stop there and enroll into a University that has some accredited, with out it all you have is a piece of paper.The slim at Kennedy Western Unisity, just changed their name to hide all the bad posts about them. They will soon be out of business,as no State will license them
    Harold P

Sep 7, 2007, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdman
    Great school, licensed in 1984. I'm a graduate of two accredited colleges and attended one other accredited university and Warren's program is the toughest I've found. I was on a college academic development board also, Warren has responded over the years to student's/ faculty recommendations, as well. Check out their alumni, you'll find some very successful people in both Government and private industry. I would rate this progam highly against any in the nation. Free trade laws guarentee (successfully defended by Warren) that your degree will not be descriminated against.

Bigd
    Wow great school hugh, great for what a degree you can't whip your with.Try getting a real job with that NON Accredited degree,let me save you the trouble, you can't
    AllyJo Posts: 7, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Harold P:

Not to be disrespectful, but you have no idea what you are talking about. First, if you attended an accredited college, then it needs its accreditation jerked out from under it. You can't spell and your sentences make no sense.

I am a graduate from Kennedy-Western University, and I recently graduated with my MBA from a very reputable regionally accredited university which, by the way, accepted KWUs credits. This is a fact and no one's opinion. Top that! :p

Sep 15, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyJo
    Harold P: Sounds like you work for KW, NO ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY IN THE USA will accept ANY credits from KW, NO ONE. Just because they have the right to offer a BOGUS degree does not make you right by attaining one.NO one in ANY Government position has EVER advanced with a NON Accredited degree EVER.You stating that your NON ACCREDITED degree was transfered to another UNIVERSITY is well a lie.You also fail to mention any name of any University,thus proving my point!

Not to be disrespectful, but you have no idea what you are talking about. First, if you attended an accredited college, then it needs its accreditation jerked out from under it. You can't spell and your sentences make no sense.

I am a graduate from Kennedy-Western University, and I recently graduated with my MBA from a very reputable regionally accredited university which, by the way, accepted KWUs credits. This is a fact and no one's opinion. Top that! :p
    Sounds like you work for KW, NO ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY IN THE USA will accept ANY credits from KW, NO ONE. Just because they have the right to offer a BOGUS degree does not make you right by attaining one.NO one in ANY Government position has EVER advanced with a NON Accredited degree EVER.You stating that your NON ACCREDITED degree was transferred to another UNIVERSITY is well a lie.You also fail to mention any name of any University,thus proving my point!

Sep 15, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Trust me bud,you want a University that is solid,has been in business for a long time and has been Accredited since it was opened.Don't risk your life and future with a bogus degree.You'll thank me, in the long run.I would also ask you to contact a couple major companies HR and ask them straight up, if a KW degree will get you into their company. I bet the first thing they ask is are the Accredited! Some of these people on this post either work for KW or are to stupid to admit the got screwed over.So what if their curriculum is hard, every test is open book and they are not ACCREDITED!

Sep 15, 2007, 04:51 PM
    You're a complete idiot. I am absolutely a graduate of KWU and I DO know what I am talking about! I do not work for the University and have never worked for the University.

I have two Associate Degrees from an accredited University, as well as additional undergraduate hours from the same accredited university - totalling around 185 hours in all. I completed my last 32 hours from KWU. I am definitely enrolled in the MBA Program at a regionally accredited university. Where I attend is none of your business; that's why we use user names on this forum!!

It may be that you can't get your credits transferred and so you choose to write false information or stereotype certain people, but you're wrong! I was accepted by five accredited universities and I picked the one that was best suited for me. Not just one Harold, but five!!

I am a director at a group specialty practice and over the past 17 years of my career, I have only fired three people. Oh, did I mention that I fired them because they looked good on paper and interviewed well (due to their college education from an accredited university), but couldn't do their jobs?

Accreditation only matters to fools like you! Accreditation DOES mean that specific standards have not only been met, but it's been proven that they have been met. Accreditation DOESN'T mean "papermill" or "bogus". I think Webster would agree! Look it up - if you can read! :eek:

Sep 15, 2007, 04:56 PM
    What does accreditation really mean? Does it mean quality? No, it only means that the specific entity in question has met specific standards (part of which are related to quality).

I am a KWU graduate and I can tell you that KWU was the toughest of any school I've attended. KWU uses the same textbooks as used in regionally accredited universities and all of it's professors have graduated from accredited colleges.

I have heard that Warren National University has applied for accreditation. The nay sayers will eat their words once the accreditation is received - and I know they'll get it!

Oct 2, 2007, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AllyJo
    What does accreditation really mean? Does it mean quality?? No, it only means that the specific entity in question has met specific standards (part of which are related to quality).

I am a KWU graduate and I can tell you that KWU was the toughest of any school I've attended. KWU uses the same textbooks as used in regionally accredited universities and all of it's professors have graduated from accredited colleges.

I have heard that Warren National University has applied for accreditation. The nay sayers will eat their words once the accreditation is received - and I know they'll get it!!

Harold, wow, you are really bitter about something. Your wrong in about 15 ways, your really display a lack of understanding of what your talking about. KWU uses the Blackboard distance learning system, the SAME system used by Duquesne and many many other accredited colleges. In essence, their programs are the same in text's and content. I would like to see you take a Warren class and try to pass the final exam's without being babied by an instructor on your own, truly. Both myself and the previous poster have the combined experience of four accredited degrees, how can you dispute rationally our experience? Just doesn't make sense, like I say, you seem really bitter. Also, you are dead wrong about government employees not getting promoted on the basis of a Warren degree. As I stated, Warren won a free trade suit against the State of Oregon that applies Country-wide. No one may bar you from claiming that degree, they may or may not choose to hire you on your merits alone. That is far different from claiming a fraudulent degree and you should be more careful of your insinuations.

Oct 2, 2007, 09:39 AM
    Harold, wow, you are really bitter about something. Your wrong in about 15 ways, your really display a lack of understanding of what your talking about. KWU uses the Blackboard distance learning system, the SAME system used by Duquesne and many many other accredited colleges. In essence, their programs are the same in text's and content. I would like to see you take a Warren class and try to pass the final exam's without being babied by an instructor on your own, truly. Both myself and the previous poster have the combined experience of four accredited degrees, how can you dispute rationally our experience? Just doesn't make sense, like I say, you seem really bitter. Also, you are dead wrong about government employees not getting promoted on the basis of a Warren degree. As I stated, Warren won a free trade suit against the State of Oregon that applies Country-wide. No one may bar you from claiming that degree, they may or may not choose to hire you on your merits alone. That is far different from claiming a fraudulent degree and you should be more careful of your insinuations.
    A so called University that is not up front that their degree speak s volumes on what they are and what their goal is, to get your money then to bad for you! It is worthless and business that operate they way give me my passion for HATE. Because an organization uses a certain program that by no means makes them e legitimate University. Are you aware that your slim bag University who you think is so great Won’t ever be accredited did you know that Mr Know it all,dident think so. Winning a law suit over a personal right means nothing about how useless that degree really is. How would explain an open book test to being a legitimate University, if it was a real University you would have a timed test with no open book. Time to wake up bro, KWU AKA Warren University is a scam, anyone with half a brain knows that, conversation OVER! You lose with your worthless Warren National degree!

Oct 2, 2007, 09:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold P
    A so called University that is not up front that their degree speak s volumes on what they are and what their goal is, to get your money then to bad for you! It is worthless and business that operate they way give me my passion for HATE. Because an organization uses a certain program that by no means makes them e legitimate University. Are you aware that your slim bag University who you think is so great Won’t ever be accredited did you know that Mr Know it all,dident think so. Winning a law suit over a personal right means nothing about how useless that degree really is. How would explain an open book test to being a legitimate University, if it was a real University you would have a timed test with no open book. Time to wake up bro, KWU AKA Warren University is a scam, anyone with half a brain knows that, conversation OVER! You lose with your worthless Warren National degree!

The test's are timed very strictly, strictly enough that you could not find an answer if you did not already know it from any text book. The final exam answer's are also not found in the text books, the instructor's are required to use the text as a starting point for a solution not found directly in the text itself on the finals. You also have to get over a 70% to pass, rather than the 60% required at traditional universities. The quiz material is also not directly on the final exam's, so there again you are wrong across the board. My traditional University experience was that anyone struggling had a limitless supply of tutorial help for any given class, to help them pass and you could take any class over a dozen times, where at Warren you may take a class twice or fail for good. At Warren, while you may request tutorial's on a limited basis, you are absolutely on your own in passing in the required time, with no endless supply of babysitting. Harold, in honesty, you seem a person that flunked out of a Warren type school and is bitter about it. My advice is get over it.

Oct 2, 2007, 10:10 AM
    The test's are timed very strictly, strictly enough that you could not find an answer if you did not already know it from any text book. The final exam answer's are also not found in the text books, the instructor's are required to use the text as a starting point for a solution not found directly in the text itself on the finals. You also have to get over a 70% to pass, rather than the 60% required at traditional universities. The quiz material is also not directly on the final exam's, so there again you are wrong accross the board. My traditional University experience was that anyone struggling had a limitless supply of tutorial help for any given class, to help them pass and you could take any class over a dozen times, where at Warren you may take a class twice or fail for good. At Warren, while you may request tutorial's on a limited basis, you are absolutely on your own in passing in the required time, with no endless supply of babysitting. Harold, in honesty, you seem a person that flunked out of a Warren type school and is bitter about it. My advice is get over it.

Other schools using Blackboard; Boston College, Umass, Washington State, Hofstra, Amhest, Iona, Wabash, Central Alabama, Central Arizona and too many more to list...

Oct 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
    The test's are timed very strictly, strictly enough that you could not find an answer if you did not already know it from any text book. The final exam answer's are also not found in the text books, the instructor's are required to use the text as a starting point for a solution not found directly in the text itself on the finals. You also have to get over a 70% to pass, rather than the 60% required at traditional universities. The quiz material is also not directly on the final exam's, so there again you are wrong accross the board. My traditional University experience was that anyone struggling had a limitless supply of tutorial help for any given class, to help them pass and you could take any class over a dozen times, where at Warren you may take a class twice or fail for good. At Warren, while you may request tutorial's on a limited basis, you are absolutely on your own in passing in the required time, with no endless supply of babysitting. Harold, in honesty, you seem a person that flunked out of a Warren type school and is bitter about it. My advice is get over it.
    The bottom line here is your scum, period. And anyone who would be an advocate of ANY non Accredited University is an IDIOT!

Oct 2, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Harold, do you even have a degree? Where from?

Oct 2, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Harold, do you even have a degree?? Where from??
    That has nothing to do with KW AKA Warren National screwing people with bogus degrees now does it!

Oct 3, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Harold P:

Your accusations are as crazy as your grammar and punctuation. You couldn't possibly be a college graduate. You sound very bitter about paper mills, so obviously, you need to direct your anger towards the real ones out there.

For your information all online accredited universities use blackboard and allow open book tests. How could you possibly think otherwise? Do you really think the professors drive to our houses and take our books during test time??

Your spelling and sentence structure reflect the type of education you've received. What do you think of mine?

AllyJo
    ProfessorR Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Oct 29, 2007, 07:51 PM
    As a college instructor, I implore you to run the other way as fast as you can. Besides being illegal in many states, you can read all about Kennedy Western University a/k/a Warren National University in any of the following articles and Senate investigational hearings:

*"Federal Employees Have Obtained Degrees from Diploma Mills and Other Unaccredited Schools, Some at Government Expense."

*"Diploma Mills are Easily Created and Some Have Issued Bogus Degrees to Federal Employees at Government Expense."

*"Bogus Degrees and Unmet Expectations: Are Taxpayer Dollars Subsidizing Diploma Mills?"

Other reading items on Kennedy Western University a/k/a Warren National University from various other exposes and news articles.

*"It May Take Hours, But You Too Can Earn a University Degree"

*"When Elected Officials Aren't What They Seem
    Texas officials and Pennsylvania cats tout misleading credentials"

Whatever your major, there is a legitimate school offering the program online. From the Senate hearing that investigated them this is how they work (you can find in one of the above articles.) 1. They employ a lot of telemarketers, about 60% of their employees. 2. They will waive about 50% of any degree for any "life experience". 3. A graduate "class" taken by an undercover agent, consisted of 1 open book exam where she picked terms out of the glossary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Belford University [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there.. Iam doing my immgration steps to Canada , and thy asking about my Masters degree . So, my Q is , is Belford University Masters degree is qualfies as a Master's in Canada? Plez answer me quick. Thanks a lot

Glendale university [ 1 Answers ]

I've been offered a PhD from glendale university in California. It will cost me in "tuition" $700.00. Is this university a scam. No interview, no transcripts from previous education. I did not go to school at glendale university nor did they ask me to write a dissertation. Is this a scam?...

University [ 1 Answers ]

How many University are there in Italy?:confused:

Almeda University [ 1 Answers ]

Dear learned Experts Could someone inform me about Almeda University and the experiential degrees they offer? Or if you know of a good school or site I can find one. Thanks You're the GREATEST

View more questions Search