Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    algav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2008, 05:02 AM
    Hook Up of White Rodgers 1F80-261 Thermostat
    I have a gas furnace with only 2 wires running to a mechanical thermostat. When heat is off, Voltage is about 25 volts AC mesured at thermostat. When heat is on, voltage measured at thermostat is 0 volts AC. Need to know if I can replace old mechanical thermostat with White Rodgers 1F80-261 Thermostat (Digital Programable) and where to attach the 2 wires to the White Rodgers T-Stat. :eek:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2008, 06:22 AM
    Items removed since the poster accused me of not providing answers or reading his post. The help I provided while accurate was not to his liking. Never bite the hand that feeds you I always say.
    algav Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 05:07 AM

You are assuming that I have already purchased the White Rodgers T-stat. If that were so I would never have asked the question that I did in the first place. Go back an re-read my question and get the facts straight. I need to know the answers to the question BEFORE I purchase the White Rodgers T-stat.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 2, 2008, 06:07 AM
    I read your question.

Need to know if I can replace old mechanical thermostat with White Rodgers 1F80-261 Thermostat (Digital Programable) and where to attach the 2 wires to the White Rodgers T-Stat.

I supplied you with the install manual for the thermostat and asked you to read it pointing out that page 3 had your information you were looking for. I cannot explain better than the install manual

I gave you your answer by giving you the install instructions. I have no idea why you would be complaining about me reading your post since I complied with your wishes.

If you are such a sorry type person that is to lazy to read the manual provided I cannot help that. But I cannot offer any better information than the actual instructions. There are many different thermostats available and many of those are different in the way they are wired so I took the safest route to allow you the luxury of having the manual before you bought the thermostat.

With a attitude like yours expressed below I am actually sorry I took my time to look up the thermostat which is no longer a current model and more difficult to find info on.

Your post back shows that your are a selfish person who wants everyone to do there work for them. I did the work for you then you complain. How sad.

Your post back to me after I gave you all the info you wanted or needed.

You are assuming that I have already purchased the White Rodgers T-stat. If that were so I would never have asked the question that I did in the first place. Go back an re-read my question and get the facts straight. I need to know the answers to the question BEFORE I purchase the White Rodgers T-stat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing over from White Rodgers Thermostat to Honeywell thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a White Rodgers 2 stage heat/1 cool model 1F58-58 heat pump thermostat that I want to change over to a Honeywell programmable thermostat model RTH7400. I need help in trying to figure out the wiring part of this whole thing. Can someone out there please help. I would certainly appreciate...

White-Rodgers 1F80-54 manual [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get a manual for the White-Rodgers 1F80-54 manual?

I need the diagram on how to hook up White-Rodgers thermostat Model # 1f78? [ 1 Answers ]

Please find me a diagram on how to hook up my thermostat. The model # is 1f78. If you could assist me in this matter, I would be very grateful. Thanks! Eddie P.

View more questions Search