Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pat18Bell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2008, 07:36 PM
    Cost of Hiring Painters
    [F]:) Could someone help me out in this area? I have a 12x18 ft. room that I need to have painted and I was wondering what it would cost me to Contract Painters to do this job for me? Thank You!! ;)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 05:34 AM
    You would normally call painters and have them come in to give you a quote and then pick the best one.
    SnakeBite Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Jul 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat18Bell
    [F]:) Could someone help me out in this area? I have a 12x18 ft. room that I need to have painted and I was wondering what it would cost me to Contract Painters to do this job for me? Thank You!!!!!;)
    Just to paint the walls and ceiling @ 8ft. ht. -- average room -- custom work (2) coat application, I would say about $350.00 to $400.00 (labor only)

Not to enclude;
    Windows
    Doors
    Closet
    Crown Molding
    Chair Rail
    Baseboards
    Prep: Caulking, spackling, repairing cracks, holes minor imperfections

There is always someone who will do the job for more or less.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 12:38 AM
    A lot of factors need to be considered in the possible prices for any kind of paint job on a dwelling or building that is used for a business. Giving the dimensions of the floor area does not tell us the dimensions of the surface areas to be painted. Listed below, are just some of the factors that would need to be considered.

Where are you located? It would help to know that in order to answer you the best, because the prices will vary greatly depending on where this paint job is going to be happening. Also, unknown to us here, is if this is a perfectly flat surface area, or one that has texture to it of any kind and if there are any repairs to be made to the walls or ceiling, if those are the areas that are to be painted in addition to any others. Other factors that might need to be considered would be the width and total linear feet of any trim and how many, the dimensions thereof, of any doors there might be that you might want painted as well as the total area of window glass that would be excluded from the dimensions of other surface areas that are to be painted.

Thanks!
    SnakeBite Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Jul 30, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    A lot of factors need to be considered in the possible prices for any kind of paint job on a dwelling or building that is used for a business. Giving the dimensions of the floor area does not tell us the dimensions of the surface areas to be painted. Listed below, are just some of the factors that would need to be considered.

Where are you located? It would help to know that in order to answer you the best, because the prices will vary greatly depending on where this paint job is going to be happening. Also, unknown to us here, is if this is a perfectly flat surface area, or one that has texture to it of any kind and if there are any repairs to be made to the walls or ceiling, if those are the areas that are to be painted in addition to any others. Other factors that might need to be considered would be the width and total linear feet of any trim and how many, the dimensions thereof, of any doors there might be that you might want painted as well as the total area of window glass that would be excluded from the dimensions of other surface areas that are to be painted.

Thanks!
    I gave Pat18bell a "ball park" price that I would charge for painting an average room (walls & ceiling.) Some people have no idea what a professional painter charges -- $200? - $500? - $1000? I hope I gave her a basic idea of what to expect!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cost of Hiring Someone to Paint [ 24 Answers ]

We are in the process of redecorating our family room, and two bedrooms. We have asked for estimates to paint these 3 rooms. The rooms are 12X18.5, 12X17 and the 3rd room is 12X14. Also there is a small foyer along with a short hallway. We are providing all the paint. We received one quote of...

Can't read painters sign on old oil painting [ 3 Answers ]

The oval old painting is floral anf fruid in a cherub painted vase the artist name is in script ican read the cap I think the first name starts with a S the end of the first name has a cap.a followed by cap w the last name siarts with a cap m can anyone help ?

Using painters tape & primer [ 1 Answers ]

I want to paint the wall surrounding our fireplace. Let me explain my situation;All four walls will be painted a light yellow, the forth wall around a dark manteled fireplace is where I want to paint color blocks using three shades of blue, light, medium and dark. In between the blocks will be...

Can't get painters tape to stick [ 2 Answers ]

I've been painting a floor cloth and all was going well until I tried to attach painter's tape to an already painted stripe(dry). I can't seem to get it to stick any suggestions?

View more questions Search