Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjohnson510 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 06:01 PM
    can you put peel and stick tile over tile
    I have white 4 x 4 tiles as the kitchen backsplash. My question is can I just put peel and stick glass mosiac tile that I saw at menards over the existing tile. The tiles that I saw at the store are in 12 x12 sheets that have 1 x1 tiles in the 12 x12 sheet. There is nothing wrong with the backsplash except that it is very ugly.
    Thanks for any infp
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Make sure the old tile is very clean. You will still need to grout the new tile and caulk it at the base. If.you have any outlets in the tile fields you may need to get outlet box extenders . Do you have a tile saw?
    JazMan Posts: 219, Reputation: 14

Feb 4, 2013, 08:53 PM
    Peel & Stick mosaics? Yikes. Are you sure you didn't see the Bondera stuff that sticks to the wall and then you stick the tiles to it?

I don't think much of either method BTW. Heat or sudden change in humidity and it might come down.

Jaz

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why won't peel and stick tile stick to plywood? [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't we get the peel and stick floor tile to stick to plywood? We tried the primer and adhiesive and a few other things.. nothing works. Is it likely we may have to buy something such as very very thin wood that looks like paneling, I can't remember the name, to cover the floor in and lay it...

Peel and stick tile [ 2 Answers ]

Do I have to use any sealers for peel and stick tile after I use a seam filler on the joints and screws... thanks

Peel & Stick tile over existing tile [ 2 Answers ]

Can you install peel and stick tile over existing ceramic tile (bathroom). I am trying too but the tiles don't won't to adhere? I have even sprayed 3M adhesive first!

Peel and stick vinyl tile [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a protective coating that you can put on the tile after installation

Peel and stick tile [ 4 Answers ]

How can I keep my peel and stick tile from popping up? I've tried sticking more glue on the back of the tile, but that does not work. It is being put on 1/4 plywood subfloor.

View more questions Search