jordan1834 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2005, 04:50 PM
    Yahoo Mail Upgrade
    Anyone know how to upgrade Yahoo Mail free of charge? :D
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 20, 2005, 04:59 PM
    Yahoo
    Yahoo offers upgraded mail service for a fee. If you wish to have the upgraded services from them you will have to contract with them for that service.
    Lotta Posts: 124, Reputation: 8

Dec 20, 2005, 05:12 PM
    Does Yahoo offer a basic email for free?

If so, can I use their free email and my other internet provider email?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2005, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotta
    Does yahoo offer a basic email for free?

Yes, I've been using Yahoo as my main email account for years. I also have my ISP email account that I rarely use.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotta
    Does yahoo offer a basic email for free?

Yes, they do.

As does hotmail.com
    Expert

Dec 20, 2005, 05:41 PM
    Service
    Both Yahoo and hotmail

www.yahoo.com

www.hotmail.com

And to be honest lots of other places, from church sites, and others that offer free web sites.

If you merely do a web search for free web sites you will find several.
    I have had a hotmail for almost 12 years now and a Yahoo for 9 years I believe.

No matter where I move I can get email.

A funny note there are a lot of homeless people that even have free web sites and free email so they can check it from various shelters, public buildings and the such.

Dec 20, 2005, 06:34 PM
    Thank you
    I realize what you are saying perhaps I didn't pose my question properly.
    I have Yahoo.mail but it is very basic. I wanted to upgrade and wondered if I could find Free Upgrade to Yahoo mail they want you to pay for it.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2005, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan1834
    I have yahoo.mail but it is very basic. I wanted to upgrade and wondered if I could find Free Upgrade to yahoo mail they want you to pay for it.
    I have Yahoo mail as well (the free, basica one, with 1 GB of storage).

Why do you think it is basic? Personally, I am quite happy with it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2005, 06:38 AM
    I have yahoo.mail but it is very basic. I wanted to upgrade and wondered if I could find Free Upgrade to yahoo mail they want you to pay for it.
    The same answers apply. To upgrade to the features in the pay version, you have to pay! Why does that logic escape you? Getting those fee based enhancements without paying for them would be theft of services.

Dec 21, 2005, 06:48 AM
    Okay
    It was a question, that is all. Did I ask if someone could help me steal services from Yahoo? No. I wanted to add some cool stuff to my outgoing emails, besides smilies. I was looking for stationary, fonts, etc. that were free and compatible with Yahoo mail. I came on this help board to inquire if anyone knew how to go about achieving such a LEGAL task, (if I may). Cap if you are satisfied with basic, good for you. But, since I have to be told homeless people can achieve this, and be accused of trying to thieve, what's the point in this help desk?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2005, 07:37 AM
    In the future a better way to ask this question may have been: "I have Yahoo maill. I want to add some cool stuff to my outgoing emails, besides smilies. I was looking for stationary, fonts, etc., that were free and compatible with Yahoo mail."

Instead you asked how to get premium pay-for services for free. Since this is a reputable question and answer site you will certainly get answers questioning your integrity with that line of questioning.

Having said that...
    Email seems to be going the other direction, that is away from the horrible Incredimail-style types of emails full of animations, backgrounds and sounds. People simply want text, attachments and hyperlinks. If you have the option of using html email formatting you can format your mails many ways but the receiving end may not see what you sent if they have their mail set to rich text or plain text.
    Expert

Dec 21, 2005, 08:28 AM
    Free
    Actually yes, trying to get someone to give you a download that is copywritten or that is contractional paid for and getting it without paying is stealing.

It is down daily by many on the internet. The Yahoo group since you are logging onto their server knows and controls the content from their end, so they would know if you did not have or were not using their approved version.

Dec 21, 2005, 11:49 AM
    It was a question, that is all. Did I ask if someone could help me steal services from yahoo? No.
    Actually yes you did!

Your previous posts:
    Anyone know how to upgrade Yahoo Mail free of charge? :D

I wanted to upgrade and wondered if I could find Free Upgrade to yahoo mail they want you to pay for it.
    Both of those questions are clearly asking for help getting services that Yahoo charges for without paying. I don't think there can be any other interpretation for them.

I wanted to add some cool stuff to my outgoing emails, besides smilies. I was looking for stationary, fonts, etc., that were free and compatible with Yahoo mail. I came on this help board to inquire if anyone knew how to go about achieving such a LEGAL task, (if I may). Cap if you are satisfied with basic, good for you. But, since I have to be told homeless people can achieve this, and be accused of trying to thieve, what's the point in this help desk?
    Now you are changing the question radically. Now you are asking not for services that Yahoo charges extra for, but for free e-mail addons that might be used with Yahoo. Had you made that request initially, the reaction would have been different.

The point of this help desk is to help people with questions that do not involve illegal activities.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2005, 12:22 PM
    Speaking of the new Yahoo
    I tried the new beta version for a while, but somehow could not find the boxes where you check to move the mail to my folders. Do any of you that use the beta know how I can move the read mail to the appropriate folders to keep them in? Thanks for your help in advance.
    I do like the 'preview' feature, but otherwise, it seems like a kickoff from what Telecom Europe has had for years so I opted to switch back to the one I had - and paid for yearly for only 19 bucks.

Have a Happy Holiday! P.S. What's with the newly created link on the bottom when I include my smileys - I can delete them, but they get automatically put there for some reason.

Again ScottGem - way to go!

Dec 21, 2005, 03:52 PM
    It is funny how people are quick to jump on something so insignificant and take it to a whole other level. :rolleyes:

Dec 22, 2005, 07:08 AM
    It is funny how people are quick to jump on something so insignificant and take it to a whole other level. :rolleyes:
    Theft of services is not that insignificant. Nor is the ethical and moral decay in this country that seems to think its OK to get things for free that should normally be paid for.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 22, 2005, 09:42 AM
    There are a few sites out there, I'm using one myself, with stationary and smileys. Also, there are millions of sites with free fonts to download - If they don't work you can create your own with your favorite wordprocessor and use them with Yahoo - all you need to do is read the user's guides. Check out the features of office.org which is also free. You also have the option to look for another free email provider if Yahoo does not satisfy your creativity.

Dec 24, 2005, 03:58 PM
    America is a beautiful country... how could you??
    Oh Cheri thanks for the advice.
    I'm done with this topic.

Dec 25, 2005, 08:06 AM
    America is a beautiful country....how could you?????
    How could who do what?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2005, 08:13 AM
    Free email
    Hi, Jordon,
    Chery's answer was great! I do hope you will keep coming back and asking questions. Happy New Year, and may your and yours have a good one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Uninstalling Yahoo Inernet mail [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to uninstall Yahoo internet mail through add/remove. When clicking add/remove the window just flashes and Yahoo internet mail stays in the currently installed programs list. Any help would be appreciated as always. Thanks.

AOL and Yahoo to charge for e-mail service [ 6 Answers ]

Interesting to note,that to try and stop spammers,AOL,and Yahoo,are going to charge a very tiny fee (1 cent),to deliver email that does not go through spam filters: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4684942.stm Am I missing something here? Both companies say that delivered email...

Yahoo Mail Errors [ 1 Answers ]

My Yahoo email is giving me problems. I don't know what is causing the problem or why. I am not able to attach any files to an email. When I am in Yahoo mail I am prompted at the bottom of the page that there is and error, but I can find out what the error is or what is causing the problem. ...

MS OUTLOOK- Retrieving Mail from Yahoo [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to set up MS Outlook to retrieve mail from my Yahoo account? If so how?

Yahoo E-Mail [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- When I am reading Yahoo E-mail, the date and how big the message is are off the screen--I have to use the right arrow toget to that--How can I get it back where the whole screen shows up--Thank u very much---

View more questions Search