Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cara_trev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Colorado Mobile home repo
    I have lost my employment and am unable to continue to "fight" with making payments on my mobile. I would like to write a letter to the lien holder volunteering to give up the home. Does anyone have any suggestions on just what exactly I should say to them in reference to this? Bankruptcy seems my only way out at this point and I would need a final debt amount so that info can be relayed on the bankruptcy info.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2007, 12:19 PM
    Do you live in the mobile? Then why not file for bankruptcy BEFORE you lose it?
    cara_trev Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2007, 12:27 PM
    I moved out last weekend as I cannot afford the other expenses involved in daily support of the home i.e.. Electric, gas etc. I am staying with a friend. I also live in a very rural area of Western Colorado where I am having trouble locating a bankruptcy attorney in the area.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2007, 12:38 PM
    If you just hand it back to the lender, they can sell it for a fraction of its worth and still collect the balance from you.
    Mortgage Advisor Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2007, 03:55 PM
    BANKRUPTCY!! Just find any attorney in Colorado and they will help you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home for sale [ 1 Answers ]

I have a mobile home for sale that sits on aproximetly a half acre lot I own but I can't seem to sell outright because banks won't give loans because it is a mobile home should I sell it land contract

Repo in Colorado [ 3 Answers ]

Due to a divose I am no longer able to make the payments on my truck. I asked about voulentering to let it repo but they then seid they would put a lien on my house for the diffence. The house is for sale. Can they do this? Thanks

Mobile Home reposession [ 11 Answers ]

My husbands parents, own a mobile home. Last year, his mother, was in the hospital for one month, for heart failure and respitory failure. She was also in a coma. His father is on social security and can no longer pay for the mobile home. They are currently 3 months behind of the payments. The...

Mobile Home Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My husband purchased a mobile home the year before we were married. A year after we married he was diagnosed with a chronic illness and has been unable to work since then. He receives SSI disability, but it is not much. In recent months he has been hospitalized for a lenghty period. Due to this, he...

Repossesion of a Mobile home [ 3 Answers ]

When can they take the home legally

View more questions Search