Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duoranger Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2010, 11:37 AM
    I put a new capicator in my ac and I still have to use a stick to start the fan
    I have a 1994 comfort maker central air conditioner and the fan on the motor won't spin on its own. I put a new capicator in also, do I need a new motor how much is this?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 16, 2010, 12:17 PM
    If the capacitor did not do the trick you will have to replace the motor AND also the capacitor if the new motor requires a different value that the new one you just bought.

Always replace both motor and capacitor at the same time unless the one you just bought is of the correct value for the new motor you are going to buy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What does the capicator look like [ 2 Answers ]

My fan doesn't run on my central air without a little help I think I need a capacitor for a older comfort maker what does it look like.

Air conditioner fan won't turn unless I push it with a stick. [ 1 Answers ]

Once I push the fan, it will stay running until the unit kicks off then goes to kick on again. Then it won't turn and I have to shut it off, then back on and then use the stick again. I saw some posts about a similar issue, but don't know what to look at on the unit as far as checking things out.

Why won't peel and stick tile stick to plywood? [ 2 Answers ]

Why can't we get the peel and stick floor tile to stick to plywood? We tried the primer and adhiesive and a few other things.. nothing works. Is it likely we may have to buy something such as very very thin wood that looks like paneling, I can't remember the name, to cover the floor in and lay it...

Can I put self stick tile over black mastik on cement floor [ 2 Answers ]

I pulled up some old tiles from the basement floor several months ago. Now I decided to remove most of the rest of them and found out recently that the black mastik glue probably contains asbestos. I would like to install new self stick vinyl tiles over the floor. My questions are: Will the new...

Fan motor and capicator [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me where I may purchase parts for a Rheem Classic Airconditioning unit? I am in need of a Fan motor and a capicator. Thank you

View more questions Search