Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leofleck Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2004, 10:32 AM
    Computer does not turn on
    Hi, I have had a problem for the last month, my PC does not turns on when I plug it in electricity. It turns on the fan, but it does not start when I push the start button. After pushing the starting button a few times and waiting from 5 to 30min it works fine. Once I take the plug off, and on again, everything starts again. But if I keep the plug connected, once it starts, I can turn on and off as a normal PC. Does anyone have a tip for this problem?

Thanks,

Leo
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

May 1, 2004, 04:25 PM
    Re: Computer does not turn on
    Hi, I have had a problem for the last month, my PC does not turns on when I plug it in electricity. It turns on the fan, but it does not start when I push the start button. After pushing the starting button a few times and waiting from 5 to 30min it works fine. Once I take the plug off, and on again, everything starts again. But if I keep the plug connected, once it starts, I can turn on and off as a normal PC. Does anyone have a tip for this problem?

Thanks,

Leo
    My only idea is that the power supply could be negotiating a deal for the farm. If you have another compatible one, give it a try.

~psi42
    anish114 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 08:30 AM
    Check for problem with your power supply unit(psu)/smps for problem with it or you can try changing the power chord, but first change your power chord.
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

May 31, 2011, 04:09 AM
    Try switching out the powersupply with another one or moving the computer to another room on a different circuit and see if that helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pc will not turn off [ 3 Answers ]

My eMachine desk top will not turn off when I go to turn off computer it will shut down but it will start right up again.

Can't turn off computer: dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I need help I can't turn off computer I get this message Dwwin.exe-dll initalization failed The application fail to inilalze because the window station is shutting down And please help and I need step by step help because I am not to good at thiscomputer stuff And thank you listing...

A/c does not turn on [ 1 Answers ]

a/c has been working fine until yesterday afternoon, turned it on and nothing happened, no fan and no outside compressor. I put in a new tstat and still nothing. I left it in the auto a/c position and went to bed. Sometime in the middle of the night the unit came on and was working fine when we...

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search