Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ktate43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 04:24 PM
    Heater is blowing cold air
    Why is my car's heater blowing cold air?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
    A car heater is like a small radiator inside a box. If your engine is warmed up hot water should flow through the heater core and heat the air. Under the hood you should see two black 1 in. hoses going into the firewall. They both should be hot or at least quite warm. If one or both hoses are cold your valve is not opening. Some cars use mechanical cables to open the valve but more and more car use vacuum from the engine. Vac switches can go bad and leak, not having enough energy to open the valve. If this is your situation you may need professional help. I worked on a Pontiac once and the first step was to jack the car and remove the right front wheel and inner fender. What a pain.
    contact-directconnect Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jan 29, 2007, 01:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ktate43
    Why is my car's heater blowing cold air?
    Check your anti freeze level it is probably low
    rhspaulding Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 07:39 PM
    Heater blows cold air in a 2007 Ford Explorer everything seems to be working but the heater know controller makes a clicking sound.
    rhspaulding Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 07:43 PM
    Heater blows air in a 2007 Ford Explorer and the heater control knob makes a clicking sound.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heater Blowing Cold Air [ 5 Answers ]

Our Central Heating System has been on the "fritz" lately. It will work for a few hours, sometimes days kicking on and off like nomral then it will suddenly stop blowing warm air. The air is usually VERY cold, but its set on heat. There is a red light that usually starts flashing "em heat", we...

My heater is blowing cold air [ 2 Answers ]

My heater is blowing cold air

Electric heater blowing cold air [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace is old old old.. Day and night... Model # 30cc-8. Serial # 010170 062046. It seems as if the heat is getting cooler all of the sudden coming out of the vents. Also when I open the closet, one of the valves is leaking air quite badly. I know nothing about electric units. Anything I can do...

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

View more questions Search