Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    autumneve Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2003, 09:15 AM
    Degenerative disc disease
    Hi, I am a sufferer of degenerative disc disease and would like to know if any of you could suggest a seat cushion to use for home or travel as it is very difficult to sit for any length of time.Thank You Jean
    lillady Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 10:31 AM
    I have the same problem and have found that there is not much to alleviate the pain of sitting too long except to change positions often and try to manage the pain with meds. I have had DDD plus FMS, CFS, and other health issuses that has made things very hard for me for many, many years. I know that being too sedentary can make the problem worse and I have found that walking, using the hot tub, stretching and such have helped me some. Sometimes just using my treadmill at a slow pace helps a lot. I also use a timer that I set for 20 min intervals and during those times I do something else besides sit. I also use a big long body pillow when I am laying down, placing it between my knees and feet really helps especially while sleeping. I wake with less discomfort. Hope some of these ideas are helpful. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chromes Disease [ 14 Answers ]

Can anyone give me some information about Chromes disease? What organs does it attack? Does it attack any bones? What does it do?

Celiac disease [ 3 Answers ]

I have celiac disease and was wondering if my break outs on my face neck and head are related to the disease its like bumps in clusters and they hurt itch and takes a while to go away. Really annoying due to the fact I stopped wearing makeup like 3 years ago now back to putting concealer on because...

Lung Disease [ 4 Answers ]

I first had a collapsed lung back in l999. About a month ago, I ate lunch consisting of cottage cheese and yogurt and not long thereafter fell asleep. I awoke with severe wheezing and wondered if I would ever be able to catch my breath. I felt as if I were having an asthmatic attack. Can anyone...

Addison's Disease [ 2 Answers ]

This isn't really a question but more of a informational statement. I posted earlier about my dog not eating (see what's wrong with my dog). I have a 6 year old lab that just stopped eating one day. Long story short, I took her to the vet, she was diagnosed with a blockage, we thought she had...

Once I Have Made A Disc, Can I Make Copies Of The Disc Uncopiable? [ 6 Answers ]

Yeah erm, I have made a disc consisting of some word and excel files. I would like to sell this disc as it is interactive and can benefit people. How do I copy the disc so people can use it but cannot re write/copy it on their computer and sell it on? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search