Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbeard33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2006, 07:27 AM
    Chimney Height Requirements
    I'm having a new chimney built and I understand the 2-10-3 rule regarding height. But I don't know if I'm allowed to include a chimney cap as part of the measurement. Any help appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2006, 08:02 AM
    No, the cap should not be included in the minimum height requirement.
    bbeard33 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 23, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Thanks for the information! It was helpful in dealing with the county inspector and the contractor.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2006, 12:57 PM
    Great!
    (those are definitely guys you don't want to irritate!)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MD Requirements [ 7 Answers ]

Has anyone here gone to med school with a non-science background? I have a BBA, and am wondering if I can do med school. Just want to hear what you guys think. Thx

Trap Diameter requirements [ 5 Answers ]

Tom, I had asked some questions previously for roughing in plumbing for a basement. I have a few more questions for you. 1) Does code require the trap to be the same diameter as the trap/waste arm? For my wetbar I ran a 2" horizontal waste line to where it is roughed at of the wall. Does...

HELP... PLEASE.. chimney leak? Carpet wet around fireplace... [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... I hope someone understands what might be going on.. Several weeks ago, while it was raining, we noticed in our downstairs room, the plasterboard above the wood stove... Was wet... and dripping.. onto the brick hearth... that the wood stove sits upon. My husband went up on the roof...

Is a chimney liner necessary? [ 5 Answers ]

We will be installing a new mid-efficiency furnace and air-conditioner. We are told that we will need a chimney liner. The old furnace is still using the chimney, but the new furnace will have a vent going out to the side of the house and the only appliance that will still utilize the old chimney...

Chimney starter [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to make my own chimney starter for charcoal grill./ Think use large cans but unsure where the air holes would be placed and what size. Many thanks

View more questions Search