Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timber_beast69 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 01:18 PM
    A one inch offset for a shower drain?
    I have removed the tile from by shower floor along with the drain. I then realized that the drain is not centered in the shower stall, it is off by one inch from center. The stall is on a concrete slab and the pipe is a 2" cast iron, I know they make off sets for toilets, but just wondering if they make something that would work for my situation. I wanted to use a pre-fabricated pan which of course requires that the drain be centered, but again in my case I am off by one inch. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2007, 10:02 PM
    It ain't going to happen without spending lots of time breaking concrete.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 21, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Doug is bang on. To move that cast iron raiser over you will have to break up the cement and move the entire trap and raiser the only other option would be to install a custom tile shower. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing shower drain for shower pan replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of removing an existing shower tray. I am having difficulty in removing the drain. It does not appear to screw in. I have access to from below if I need to cut pvc pipe. This appears to be the only thing keeping my tray in place at this time.

Tub drain is an inch offset from old tub [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a new tub and the drain opening is an inch closer to the rear wall than the old tub. My problem is the PVC piping for the drain is also an inch off whereby the overflow/drain vertical pipe doesn't quite match up with the drain pipe. I bought an overflow/drain connection kit from Home...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.

Converting cast iron floor drain to shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

I am adding a bathroom to my basement, which has partial (complete? ) plumbing already roughed into the floor (in 1976). Sewage lift station (vented) is 3 ft from 4" styrofoam plug (toilet), 4 ft from 1 1/2 inch cast male pipe end extending through floor (lav, have already added vertical vent...

View more questions Search