Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ogouferay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2005, 03:53 AM
    RxR Nissan Terrano filters
    I need info on the right replacement parts numbers for the 1999 Nissan Terrano RxR 2.7 TD model's oil and gas filters. Help would be greatly appreciated. Aftermarket brands such as FRAM, Purolator, G77 or ADVANTAGE equivalent are welcome. Than you everyone!
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2005, 12:12 PM
    I checked the filter selector at http://www.fram.com/, http://www.wixfilters.com/filterlookup/index.asp, and http://www.acdelco.com/html/catalog/index.htm. I could not find a reference to the Terrano. You might try the AC site, as it has a place to give the VIN. Other Nissans use a PF2057.

Most of the sites also give a cross reference from other brands if you can tell what you have now.

Stay away from Fram. Cut one open. You will never buy another. They have half or less as much filter area as any other brand. They are also very poorly constructed. Your are better off with almost anything else except Pennzoil, Jiffy Lube, and other made by Fram. Purolator is a very reliable brand, usually available for a reasonable price, and also as Quaker State, Power Flo, and I think Value Craft. AC and Motorcraft are good filters for the money. I have been using Super Tech from Wal-Mart. Dirt cheap and cut open are as good as many other brands and much better than Fram. They are made by Champion who also make STP, Bosch, some of the Delco's, and many other brands. Unfortunately they are switching to an unproven new design on their higher volume lines.

I hate to mention other sites here, but for more than you ever wanted to know about oil and filters from a bunch of crazies, try http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...?ubb=get_daily
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2005, 09:27 PM
    Likely your Nissan has a 20 mm thread. There are actually many filters that would work. If the thread and gasket fit, and you have room, the most important thing is to make sure either the engine or filter has a bypass in it. GM puts the bypass in the engine and filters made specifically for GM products don't have them. Put one on an engine without one, and something has to give on cold start up.

The ST 3950 I use on my Chevy truck has a bypass in it so it can be use on many Honda applications too. Gobs of filter area, and a 20 mm thread for $2.07.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air filters [ 11 Answers ]

What do you think is the best way to remove smoke from a room. I have a smoker in the house that we are going to contain to one room and I was wondering what is the best way to clean the air in that room. My options are either to install an exhaust fan or put an air filter(a good one). There are...

Nissan terrano wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone seen or know where I might be able to purchase one as I have a hi/low beam problem Rgds Haz:

Nissan terrano with a body lift [ 0 Answers ]

I have bought a 1990 nissan terrano in japan. (same as a pathfinder in the states) My problm is that with a 3 inch body lift my transfer shifter was shortened, so that when I drop the lever in to 4low it will not go in to gear because the lever is hitting the console. Yes a redneck hillbilly like...

Nissan Pathfinder and Nissan Terrano II [ 2 Answers ]

Can the Pathfinder be only bought in the States? I only found old models of Pathfinder ('95) in my country - Bosnia, but never the new models. Also, I never saw in the States any Terranos. To me, Terrano seems to have very similar characteristics like Pathfinder. What is the difference in the...

View more questions Search