Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrclean Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2007, 06:46 PM
    Tub spout
    Can a spout with a pop-up knob be used to replace a normal spout that didn't have a pop-up from the beginning ?
    malex27 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Jan 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Mr. Clean a diverter spout can be used, but it could cause problems if your "pop-up" ever gets pulled up while your valve diverter is being used. It's definitely better to replace the spout with another non-diverter spout, but as long as care is used, you could probably make it work with no ill effects.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 20, 2007, 08:07 AM
    I don't see any problems in installing a diverter spout along with your three handled tub faucet. This gives you two ways to divert from spout to shower. There should be no conflict whatsoever between the two since all the diverter spout does is to close off the spout and that's exactly what you want it to do. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bath tub spout [ 23 Answers ]

I replaced my bath faucet and now am struggling (to say the least) to get the tub spout to not leak. It is a brand new spout that come with the faucet. A delta faucet. I cannot get the spout to not leak. I did the directions to a T and for whatever reason the spout keeps leaking through the...

Can't remove old tub spout [ 4 Answers ]

My shower dribbles and has no pressure. I know I need to replace the tub spout, I bought a universal, but, I can't et the old one loose! Any suggestions? Thank you!

Tub Spout [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old tub spout with diverter that I am trying to replace. The pipe underneath has a 1 1/4" adapter attached that has been in place for 10 years. My question is how do I remove that adapter? I know heating it is an option, but what should I use that won't melt the plastic tub wall, and how...

Replacing tub spout [ 4 Answers ]

I have a slip-on spout where the diverter does not work anymore. It must either stay "up" for the shower or "down" for the tub. The diverter is on the spout. I removed the spout and took it to a hardware store to purchase a new one. I followed the instructions and installed the new spout. I...

2" Tub Spout [ 1 Answers ]

I took off an old tub spout to replace it - it was then that I discovered that it was a 2" inlet.... No one seems to selll these anymore... any suggestions on where to find one? I reall don't care what it looks like as long as it is functional- we are going to re-do the bathroom someday and will...

View more questions Search