Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2006, 03:42 PM
    Shower weep hole drain turned into tub drain
    I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2006, 05:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by megber
    I am remodeling my shower to a roman tub. The existing drain is a weep hole drain. Is there a plug for these type of drains? The idea is to use the same drain system and hot mop, tile, etc. around it.
    Not that I have ever heard of.

I've included a link showing the style of drain you should use for this particular application.http://www.a-ball.com/adtemplate.asp?invky=19312

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain hole in tub rusted and too big [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Plumbing Geniuses, I have a bath tub that looks like it has been leaking for years at the tub drain. Consequently, the hole in the bottom of the tub is rotten and rusted around the edges, and bigger than it should be. The new drain replacement will not fit securely and there could be...

Shower/tub drain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - I have a small 1 bedroom rental house that sits on a slab. In the bathroom there is a shower stall that is built on a 4 inch platform and a pvc 2 inch drain that runs from under the shower to a drain in the floor by the wall. I am thinking about taking the shower out and replacing it with...

Slow Tub/shower drain [ 3 Answers ]

My first attempt so please bear with me. By the time I finish a shower I'm in ankle deep water. Tub drains, but slowly. Can't get the drain out so removed the plate below the faucet and ran the snake through there. Got around all the bends and went the length of the snake -- about 20 ft. ...

Shower/tub Drain Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a major problem finishing a unfinished bathroom in my basement. There is the access hole in the foundation but no drain was put in there. The drain pipe runs down the wall from the upstairs bathroom but putting a tee onto it above the foundation would put it higher than the drain in the...

Can tub and shower share a drain? [ 1 Answers ]

I am new to this forum and tried a search, but due to my relative inexperience in terminology, I couldn't find what I was looking for. Forgive me in advance if this is the inappropriate location for this question. I am in the process of converting a small bedroom into a master bath on the top...

View more questions Search