Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jonhorn1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2009, 02:45 PM
    Social Security
    Do I pay income taxes on my Soc. Security payments on my paycheck as I make that money?

:)
    Five Rings Posts: 459, Reputation: 7

Mar 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

That's a good question.

You really are paying two taxes on your earned income at the same time.

You and your employer are splitting the 15,3% tax on social security and medicare.

Then you pay income tax on the same amount of income.

But remember, one day you will get your money back from the SS tax in the form of social security and/or medicare benefits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Tax (F-1 on CPT) [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am F-1 Student doing my CPT in NY, in my first salary slip social security tax has been deducted, I was wondering if am applicable for this tax. Also if would be great if some one would tell me which and all tax excempts are F-1 students applicable to, any links to prev post or external sites...

Supplemental security income and social security disability income? [ 2 Answers ]

If you are approved for supplemental security income and social security disability will you get full benefits from both or will it get cut in half and if your children receive ssi will their benefit be effected?

Social Security [ 2 Answers ]

I'm legally blind. I was actually born completely blind and although I gained my sight. My retina never developed and I was considered legally blind by the state. I'm not able to drive.. etc. I was on social security. They weren't giving me much so I was also working so that I could pay for my...

Pay Social Security? [ 3 Answers ]

Country : India Status: F-1 ( 2nd year of the total 5 years ) Pay: 57K/annum ( paid bi-weekly ) I have been working on CPT from June 07 to Dec 14 07; From Dec 15 07 I am on OPT, I told my employer Not to deduct my Social security and Medicare and they didn't for the period 1 June to 31...

Social security [ 1 Answers ]

I work and get social security How much money can I earn without losing my social security I always send my copies of my checks to them the amount vaires biweekly and it no more than 200.00

View more questions Search