Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magic88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 08:53 PM
    90's/80's christmas 4 orphan's cartoon movie---i need you guys again!
    Hey again
    I just was talking with my grandma about all these old movies I'm re-finding and we were talking about another 1 I liked. It's like a christmas movie were all these kids live in this orphanage and my grandma was saying the lady who ran the orphanage wouldn't let the kids have a christmas tree but what I remember is these people (maybe social services) come to inspect the orphanage and they only come see a boy and a girl and the lady has only 2 nice outfits (1 for the boy and 1for the girl) hangin in the closet for them 2 wear when these people do a check. As I write I'm remembering more... I think the reason they are checking (or maybe not) is because a new woman comes to work at the orphanage and she is nice and feels bad for the kids. That's all I remember. It is a cartoon movie and I know it has a happy ending, like all kid story's. 1love.

Prop's out to sd1025 and albear for giving me answers asap!
    jayviz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 09:15 PM

What is the name of this movie? Any help would be appreciated.
    darkserendipity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2008, 11:46 AM

I think we're looking for the same movie... so with your clues and my memories of the movie combined and with the power of the internet, i believe i found it...

The christmas tree

The poor children who live at mrs. mavilda's orphanage have never had christmas presents... they've never even heard of santa!

The cold-hearted mrs. mavilda doesn't believe in such 'foolishness' despite their hardships, the hopeful tykes still find reason to celebrate beneath the branches of a stately pine tree that grows just outside their window. When an energetic young mother and her two adorable children come to work at the orphanage, the ragamuffin tots have hope for a real christmas... but not if mrs. mavilda has anything to say about it! Will she actually chop down the children's beloved tree? Will santa be able to save the day? With rousing action and a cast of unforgettable characters, the christmas tree teaches an inspirational lesson about the power of true christmas spirit.

I found this on this website: THE CHRISTMAS TREE DVD CARTOON MOVIE

I hope i found it for both of us! :)
    JessTaBoop7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2009, 01:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by darkserendipity View Post
    I think we're looking for the same movie...so with your clues and my memories of the movie combined and with the power of the internet, I believe I found it...

THE CHRISTMAS TREE

THE POOR CHILDREN WHO LIVE AT MRS. MAVILDA'S ORPHANAGE HAVE NEVER HAD CHRISTMAS PRESENTS... THEY'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF SANTA!

THE COLD-HEARTED MRS. MAVILDA DOESN'T BELEIVE IN SUCH 'FOOLISHNESS' DESPITE THEIR HARDSHIPS, THE HOPEFUL TYKES STILL FIND REASON TO CELEBRATE BENEATH THE BRANCHES OF A STATELY PINE TREE THAT GROWS JUST OUTSIDE THEIR WINDOW. WHEN AN ENERGETIC YOUNG MOTHER AND HER TWO ADORABLE CHILDREN COME TO WORK AT THE ORPHANAGE, THE RAGAMUFFIN TOTS HAVE HOPE FOR A REAL CHRISTMAS...BUT NOT IF MRS. MAVILDA HAS ANYTHING TO SAY ABOUT IT! WILL SHE ACTUALLY CHOP DOWN THE CHILDREN'S BELOVED TREE? WILL SANTA BE ABLE TO SAVE THE DAY? WITH ROUSING ACTION AND A CAST OF UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS, THE CHRISTMAS TREE TEACHES AN INSPIRATIONAL LESSON ABOUT THE POWER OF TRUE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.

I found this on this website: THE CHRISTMAS TREE DVD CARTOON MOVIE

I hope I found it for both of us! :)
    Oh thank goodness someone knows it I have been looking for this movie for about 2 months now with no luck. I am trying to find all of these christmas movies for my sister that we used to have when we were kids and now I can finally complete the dvd for her. Thanks
    LGre930 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 01:36 PM
    Me and my children have been looking for this same movie for the last few years. Today I came across this site. I may be a little late with this but I just found it on Amazon.com.
    tplg111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2010, 01:37 PM
    Me and my children have been looking for this same movie for the last few years. Today I came across this site. I may be a little late with this but I just found it on Amazon.com.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's/90's cartoon movie? [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie as a kid, but can not for the life of me remember the title. It involves a kid who travels to another land through a grandfather clock, once in the world it is a race against time to same a princess maybe? There is a Dark stallion with Flaming red eye chasing the...

80's maybe 90's weird cartoon movie. [ 9 Answers ]

I remember my parents renting my sister and i this very weird, almost creepy cartoon move when we were kids. I guess it was any where from 1989-1992. I can see parts of the movie in my head, but not even enough to give a decient description. The one thing about it was it was nothing like i have...

80's/ 90's children cartoon movie [ 3 Answers ]

I Saw This A Long Time Ago, It Was About A Boy Who Is Talking On The Phone To His Friend When He Gets A Present. When He Opens It, Its Like A Car Or Somehting And He Turns Into A Cartoon When He Gets Stuck In Some Chocolate Goo. At The End Of The Movie He Turns Back Into A Real Boy And His Friend...

Old cartoon movie from the 80's or 90's [ 2 Answers ]

It's a cartoon movie from the 80's or 90's maybe. Its about a bunch of animals in a forest and a truck flips over and lets poisonous gas into the forest and all the animals try to survive.

Name of 80's/90's cartoon movie? [ 1 Answers ]

The cover has three little animals in a flying contraption. In the movie a gas truck or something similar crashes and begins polluting all the little animal holes, and a few little animals are sent to save the others or something. I remember a part where they are trying to cross a field at...

View more questions Search