Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eokhuijzen Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Nov 14, 2010, 05:05 PM
    How can I get rid of dog pee smell on my wood/laminate?
    I have tried vinegar, baking soda, Peroxide and bleach. Products I have used are: OUT, Natures miricle and Kids and Pets and nothing works
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 15, 2010, 02:53 AM

Dog pee is alkaline. To neutralize it, the vinegar, which is acidic should have worked, or you can try lemon juice.

Did you really saturate the floor? Maybe the pee has gotten down to your sub-flooring and is hiding down there. I would leave the area overnight under a lake of acidic liquid, surrounded by towels. Wooden flooring may not hold up to this treatment well but the laminate should.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Nov 15, 2010, 07:00 AM

You can also try a baby shampoo. It's actually high in alkaline, which I have been told can neutralize the odor. Also I have used shaving cream, was very happy with the results.
    Vinny629 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2010, 07:34 AM
    Wash it using a pet odor neutralizer (such as Nature's Miracle, Nilodor, or Outright). Just make sure you don't use ammonia-based products - they resemble urine odor, and your dog might end up peeing in that spot again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate Wood Flooring [ 5 Answers ]

My husband just recently installed laminate wood flooring throughout the house. Can someone please recommend how to clean these floors? Some people have said just spray a little water and damp mop. Can it be cleaned with any kind of cleaner? I just bought some Murphy's Oil for wood floors but on...

Pee on laminate floor. [ 4 Answers ]

I posted on here a couple of days ago about a little dog I rescued. She has found a good home! HOORAY! Problem related to dog is my apartment has a laminate floor similar to peel and stick tile (but with no seams) in the hall and bathroom where I gated her off. She was a really little dog and...

How can I get rid of dog smell in house? Dog odour [ 17 Answers ]

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get dog odour from the house? Laminate and carpet flooring.

How to get rid of dog smell in home [ 7 Answers ]

Our house smells like a doghouse. We have a large bulldog in our home. He sheds a lot. We have had the carpet professionally steam cleaned and the house still smells like our dog. It's in the air. I was thinking maybe it is in the duct work. My question is would getting our duct work cleaned get...

Pee Pee Smell [ 14 Answers ]

How in the world do I get rid of the dog pee smell in my carpets? I used the spray at the pet store, I shampooed the carpets and neither has worked... She's going in the same spots as before... what's the deal?

View more questions Search