Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A doubtful Brit Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Mar 28, 2006, 09:13 AM
    History of Hikuta
    I know, your all probably thinking, 'Not this Hikuta crap again,'

I have trainied in Tai Chi for ten years and learned not only the physically but also phylosophicaly,historicaly,emotionaly and scientificaly. To put it blunt, I'm facsinated by Tai Chi and the idea of Chi.

In the past few months I have come across Hikuta. And to be honest, am quite intrigued. I see that it is highly conroversial and that there are many debates of its history and practicality. Never the less, I am still thinking of purchasing Al's DVD's on the subject and begin training myself. I would however, like to ask you lot more about it before I do.

Firstly, is there any evidence to sugest that Kuta, does orinate from Egypt? Or is Leroy Crull the firthest it can be traced back?

How can slapping yourself in the chest with your hand make your strike that much faster. I don't want mathmatical equation, I won't understand them. Give it to me in laymonds terms. And both hands into the chest make kicks that much faster.

If you were confronted by a madman with a gun, surely if you strike him, the gun will still be pointing at you. It only takes a quick squeeze of the trigger to fire a bullet into your chest. Perhaps your free hand would be better off blocking or deflecting the gun held arm, instead of slapping you own chest. Yes?

Is Hikuta, really worth learning and why?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2006, 09:24 AM
    I don't want to hijack the thread, but just this week the Science Channel has a program on called "Superhuman Powers" and Chi is the main focus of it.

There's a guy in California who showed on a video how he can knock someone down without touching him.

The producers of the show were unable to find a single person who could do this under testing conditions.

In the bit I've read at hikuta.com it seems more "legit" in that they actually teach moves. Is that right?

Mar 28, 2006, 12:46 PM
    Chi is an incredible force.

The best way to describe it is, imagine it as being 'The force' from Star Wars and you wouldn't be far off. I have seen footage from a hand held camera from my first instructor who went to a private training seminar run by a guy called Jo Ding. He could knock people off their feet without touching them. He seemed to push the air and stopped within five inches of a guy who then flew backward and fell over. It looked like magic. This was not the only thing he did, and the guys and women he was doing it all too were not actors. They were class members of my instructor.

Chi is a force of energy that resides in every living thing. You just have to be able to learn how to cultivate it and use it. Tai Chi is one way of helping you do this.Although you do need a real good instructor who knows his stuff, otherwise all you learn is a strange and slow dance.
    Science cannot explain Chi because there is no machine that has been invented that can measure it or even show that it is there. But do remember, that oxygen was still there, even when we couldn't see it.
    Scientists once believed that the atom was the smallest particle that you could get. And then one day, they managed to split it and a load of other crap fell out. Just because science hasn't proved its existence, doesn't mean its not there.

Chi is not magic, it's just another form of energy. And learning how to use it takes a life time of practice.

Anyway, enough on Chi. If anybody wishes to discuss this further that's great, cause I could talk about it forever, but please start another thread.

I really would appreciate any help on my questions on Hikuta.
    pappy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Of course chi stops. And it also acts through a hevy concrete post. Nothing can stop thechi force such an unstoppable force that is! Fear fingers and do not, Irepeat do not put on one coming your way because who knows it could be the arrow of the chi force. Shouldn't those questions be addressed on sci-fi board of some kond? We could ask eawoodall to moderate omnipotently for us. Pappy (eawoodall- I see you asked to remove my posts. Sure, so much for democracy, free speech and calling you names, had I known that I would have called you better. But don't you send me any of your stupid, sick and paranoid music files to my mailbox!
    Phil Elmore Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2006, 08:36 PM
    Scroll down to the bottom of this reviews page for all you'll ever need to know about Hikuta.
    eawoodall Posts: 230, Reputation: 5

May 8, 2006, 02:52 AM
    Psalm 144:1

Look it up if you choose to do so.

Jun 12, 2006, 10:44 PM
    More info kuta
    To A doubtful Brit:
    Al's DVD's on the subject should help you.

Actually most martial arts are named for a place, and before kuta was in egypt it was in the place that is its name. There is some evidence in paintings and drawings from egypt.

Before there was leroy there were others, including my instructor and his instructor (who I trained with also). And I am sure many others before them.

Let me ask you? How does a skater increase her speed in a spin by bringing her hands to her chest? Because that is exactly what you are doing in kuta.
    If I tell you the physics of it, you said you would not understand, do you understand what you can see? A skater starts a spin, then brings her hands to her chest, and you see her spinning possibly many times faster than she was. Did she add any more effort? No, she simply reduced the amount of effort required to spin faster by bringing her hands in. when you bring your hands in, you reduce the amount of effort needed to get more "spin" and therefore you move in a spin more quickly, indeed a multiple of how fast you were moving, just like an ice skater. Same effect, same result.

When you hit something it tends to move away from you.
    Including physical objects like guns, and knives. So people tend to hit themselves with such objects when you hit them fast enough, and powerful enough to impart "them moving away from you" then the objects they hold must also move away from you, and a knee jerk type reaction is for them to stab or shoot themselves. It just works that way.

Hikuta is really worth learning because you can use it to defend yourself, and you do not need to study for years to be good enough. Whenever someone tries to attack you with a gun or knife it is life or death, period. You must use all force necessary to stop them right now, before they kill you, not after they kill you, too late then. So moving a multiple of your normal speed (like the ice skater in a spin) or pulling your hand off a hot stove, or running for the city bus you 'just missed' but have to catch, is needed. You must put everything into your effort because if you fail you will not need to put effort into anything ever again because you will not be here. You must win or die trying. Last chance. I hope you are willing to try to learn something that may help you. Good luck no matter what your choice. Be safe. E a woodall

Jun 15, 2006, 10:14 AM
    Thanks Woodal,

Yoo may be interested to know that I have just purchased the DVD's from Al, and I think that Hikuta has some very interesting points. There is a heck of a lot of other martial arts that I can see in the grappling DVD, a bit of Shaolin and Judjitsu. But the DVD that concentrates on the Kuta Strikes and kicks are quite fascinating. I'm still not one hundred percent of its success as a formidable martial art, but I am going to practice the drills and we will see. It seems to me that the Kuta strikes and kicks could be encompassed into other martial arts.
    Having trained for nearly ten years in Tai Chi, I am interested in seeing if I can mix the two disciplines. I'm also thinking of taking up Ninjitsu and thinking of doing the same with all three arts.
    I'm hoping to come up with some stunning results and may one day publish them myself. Although, this may be another ten years down the line yet.

Jun 16, 2006, 08:25 AM
    Yes most martial arts take time: both to learn, and to understand.
    But often to understand the subject well takes even more time, and to combine can take even longer.
    But certainly whatever martial arts you know, and whatever skills or techniques you are sure about, from them, is capable of being incorporated in your unique blend of martial arts. Every martial artist must individually absorb what they feel they can use, and throw away the rest, for most people can only comprehend so much or retain so much into making a comprehensive system to is uniquely yours. Certainly I hope that you take the time, and effort required to learn as much as you can from any martial art that you find or hope to find useful, but enjoy whatever you learn, and be safe. Be well.

Jul 31, 2006, 03:37 PM
    To doubtfulbrit: easy come easy go, money that is. I have a Minnesota ocean front property inexpensive for sale if you are interested. And I thought that snake oil times were already gone... How do they say:... born every minute??

Eawoodie: dream on. In case you haven't noticed your diatribes became an entertainment for the masses. Try selling some motivational tapes, I see a great future for you. Good luck in fighting the legions of armed special forces victims eagerly falling off their feet for you. Have you seen Steven Seagall what he can do in his dojo. In case if you didn't, look it up.

There is a great website that discusses all kinds of martial arts (maybe it's bullshido.com), the gentleman who owns it, took even time to knock out the mysterious invisible hand from Egypt. I wish I remembered his name or his website: in case someone knows what I am talking about, please post it so we can prevent other victims separation from their money.
    Sempre fie, aspiring warriors.
    pappy (joe)

Aug 2, 2006, 09:24 PM
    It is just still just the truth. You have not seen it all or learned it all.
    You doubt that a martial art called by a certain name is better or better in some ways than another martial art, maybe even one you have learned.
    Grow up. Do not be confused, there exist people who are happy with whatever martial art they have learned, be at peace with it.

No matter what I say or do you can only choose to trust or not.
    Even if you see me do things you do not believe, you still have a choice to choose to believe or not. People misunderstand some times, but you can choose whatever you feel is right for you because of the freedom to do so.
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Aug 2, 2006, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by A doubtful Brit
    Science cannot explain Chi because there is no machine that has been invented that can measure it or even show that it is there.
    Though the studies have not been widely published, and many attempts have been made to refute them, chi has been proven to exist under laboratory conditions through the use of Kirlian photography. The Kirlian camera is a very specialized piece of equipment designed to image electromagnetic radiation. Studies of the hands of Chi Kung healers and martial practitioners have proven that though everyone's chi is unique, it is a complex mix of electromagnetic radiations; gamma, infrared and ultraviolet, among others. I have an excellent book on the subject, but am unable to find it at this time. If interested, I will try to find it at a later time.
    shadowperson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2006, 04:40 PM
    I think I have some knowledge to the past of eawoodall. If you want to know it send me a private message.

Sep 1, 2006, 04:05 PM
    [kuta is the name of a certain city, that was the home of someone, who eventually went to egypt. The city named was not of arabic origin, nor was the name arabic after it was changed (a name you probably have heard about). That someone defeated five armies with just a couple hundred men. Before it was in egypt, kuta was there, in that city, at least with that man.
    It seems he was the favorite, some historian say he was the priest or son of the priest of that place, and other historians say he brought arithmetic to egypt, and his great grandson brought medicine, geometry,divine history, and was placed in charge of Pharoah's bodyguards, even though he was just a slave (although he was related to Pharaoh, since even his great grandfather was a relative of the new Pharoahs), eventually that great grandson ruled egypt, second only to Pharaoh after his release from prison, for a crime he did not commit. And by the way that great grandson built the first pyramid.

I was looking at some of eawoodall's past posts and found this. Right here it souds like he is referring to stories from the O.T. david and his mighty men, solomen, and even joeseph. Not for sure though, did any else catch this?

Also, eawoodall seems to be repling to someone with the username d.severn. But I cannot find any posts form d.severn. Why is this? Did he get baned and his posts removed? Did he claim to be the real dan severn?

Sep 1, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Which David stories do you have in mind? I doubt it was the real dansevern, probably the same way I am pappy.

Sep 1, 2006, 05:19 PM
    Yes it appears someone deleted the person whose posts I was replying to.

Actually I was referring to information found on scholarly sources at an international university, perhaps you know that in different languages
    People can be called different names because of translation or other reasons
    And so someone who is mentioned in a religious work in one culture may be mentioned under a different name in public documents of a different culture.

I have never heard of whoever is calling themselves shadow**whatever, nor do they know anything about me, because they did send me a private message and it was strange and had nothing to do with me. Perhaps they need a dose of reality.

Sep 1, 2006, 05:50 PM
    Not sure. Its been a little while since I have read the old testament. I remember david having a band of mighty men. They were able to sling bows with both hands or something like that. They were few but credited were many victories. Solomon was david's son and was given wisdom from god. The bible describes solomon as classifying animals {biology}. So maybe it describes other sciences as well.the last part is very similar to joseph's coat of many colors.

My biblical history is very sketchy to say the least. I will need to make time to go over the old testament and see what I can find.
    HIKUTA is rubbish Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2007, 05:55 PM
    Hikuta is rubbish. Take up physics and you'll understand what I'm saying. Hitting your own chest makes you hit harder? Try it. You think you can learn moves in 20 minutes that
    Is going to knock someone down twice your size? Haha then buy the dvd and as I said, try it. When you buy it train up for 20 minutes or what ever then come see me. I'll kick you in the nuts, hit you in the throat, or if I get the chance, choke you out. Want the real edge in defending yourself? Do whatever it takes, fight like an animal... And yes bite if need be

Apr 27, 2007, 02:18 AM
    with a log on name like that, you must be trying to spam war.

obvious to anyone you do not value hikuta.

it appears you do not have much to say about its history.

why did you post here again?

well I have multiple college degrees, and physics is one of the multiple (concentrations-majors) of my degrees, or a subarea specialization of physics.

maybe you think a self-defense class can teach someone to defend themselves but not a 'real' martial art in 20 minutes? After learning some 'moves' you think people are going to let you harm them? Ha ha. You do not understand, people learn to defend themselves because they are tired of people who think they can beat them up. The attitude they have toward losers such as yourself, who are bullys, more than makes up for not the best combat skills, because when you face someone who is fed up with silly people like you, they don't need training, they will kick your backside because they are not going to put up with it any more. Once again. I do not teach. I do not get money from martial arts. I have no dvds, no videos. No school. I don't get a penny. I am above your accusations, because nothing is what I get out of explaining.

you presume a lot to think you can kick anyone, much less get near anyone's neck. Much less choke someone. You should learn to keep your grandoise dreams to yourself, because in most places threatening is also a crime. I do sometime wear a badge and gun at work.

by the way hikuta is better than any animal fights. Faster, smarter.
    the old test for hikuta was dropped in a pit with two killer attack dogs. You must kill both before they can even scratch you, or you don't pass. Or problably survive. But natural body movement with control, and forethought is quite effective. Perhaps if you choose to learn, one day you can change and be nice, and learn hikuta.

p.s.
    in hikuta you do not hit your own chest.I can see how someone who is not knowing what is going on, might think that is what happens, but it is not.

Apr 27, 2007, 02:30 AM
    No you are incorrect.

This was not about david, or joseph, or solomen, perhaps you should reread the O.T.

Look for the one who defeated the five armies, with men of his own household, and a few friends, and all he wanted was food enough to feed his young men after the battle. He did not ask for a place to bury his dead. Perhaps none of the people with him died. That is right a force of men about the size of the '300' everyone is so enamored of, but they won the war against 5 armies and none of them died! That is fighting. Not losing.

It was he who came from the city that the martial art those men used to win a war against 5 armies without losing a man is named for.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowperson
    i was looking at some of eawoodall's past posts and found this. right here it souds like he is refering to stories from the O.T. david and his mighty men, solomen, and even joeseph. not for sure though, did any else catch this?

also, eawoodall seems to be repling to someone with the username d.severn. but i cannot find any posts form d.severn. why is this? did he get baned and his posts removed? did he claim to be the real dan severn?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

History! [ 3 Answers ]

Ananda Pillai's description of the Christian's dinner party pointed to which wrongdoing of the host? A - He tried to convert guests to Christianity. B - He served European food only. C - He invited members of other religions although he was a convert. D - He invited members of all levels of...

History - WW2 [ 2 Answers ]

when did the americans join in the war

History [ 1 Answers ]

Who are the United States representatives in the legislative branch?

View more questions Search