Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CluesslySmart Posts: 5, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 15, 2008, 08:53 PM
    How can I love my stepmom?
    My dad wants me to love his new wife. But I hate her for replacing my previous stepmother Nicole, who I really loved. I don't have a problem with my parents dating other people, they've been divorced since I was a baby. But in this case specifically I really don't like this woman. My dad says that if she makes him happy, I should love her, and I try, I really do. Also, they're really loud in the bedroom and I've confronted my dad about it umptine times but he apparently takes no notice. I understand it's a natural part of life , but they could keep it down or they could do it when I'm not in the house. (they send me away to reltives houses as often as possible anyway) I want my dad to be happy, so I want to love this new woman, but when I'm nice to her and make an attempt, she acts extra mean. Then when my dad comes around to investigate she acts victimized and I get in trouble. Someone please help. Its almost summer and in June I have a trip to cali to see my dad. Does anyone have advice on how I can love her?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Specifically, what have you done to be closer to your new stepmom. If you've put in an honest effort and things just are not working out maybe its time to stop visitng dad.

On another note, its not fair to hate her for replacing your other step mom because that's not her fault. Its your father who broke it off with the other one and brought someone new into the house.
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Apr 15, 2008, 11:36 PM
    You know you don't have to love her. If you don't then don't. You can't be made to love anyone or its not really love. Tolerate her, be courtious to her she is your elder. But I agree with justcurious if it gets to the point where your dad won't listen to you asking them to kep it down and the stepmom is trying to get your dad oh herside mabit you shouldn't visit anymore. Mabie ask for days or weekends of just your dads time but just because he loved someone it doesn't mean you hate to he should understand that. I mean how many parents don't like who you date, and act rude or tell you to dump them... at least your trying. Also try telling your dad that your trying to be nice to the new step mom but you feel she's trying to make you out to be the bad guy see what happenens...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
    o_troubles has some good advice. I just want to add to it though. Be careful about how you approach your father about these things. If you come off as a whiney little brat of course he won't listen (not saying you have), so make sure that you're coming off as mature and respectful.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CluesslySmart
    My dad wants me to love his new wife. But I hate her for replacing my previous stepmother Nicole, who I really loved. I don't have a problem with my parents dating other people, theyve been divorced since I was a baby. But in this case specifically I really don't like this woman. My dad says that if she makes him happy, I should love her, and i try, i really do. Also, theyre really loud in the bedroom and I've confronted my dad about it umptine times but he apparently takes no notice. I understand its a natural part of life , but they could keep it down or they could do it when i'm not in the house. (they send me away to reltives houses as often as possible anyway) I want my dad to be happy, so i want to love this new woman, but when i'm nice to her and make an attempt, she acts extra mean. Then when my dad comes around to investigate she acts victimized and I get in trouble. someone please help. Its almost summer and in June I have a trip to cali to see my dad. Does anyone have advice on how I can love her?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    Same post three times - should be combined.
    ajewett16 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Well... I know what you are going through because it is going on in my life. Anyway... it is hard because you got used to your previous stepmom and then she's not the love of your dads life anymore and that can be hard. I would just talk to your dad about your problem. He can't do anything about her, like he can't get rid of her but he can talk to you about what's bothing you. Just try and get to like her. She's in your dads life so you need to accept her at some point. Good luck and I hope it goes OK.
    Hippopotamus Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Just respect her and you will earn her respect. Maybe you will come to really like her.
    lovely24 Posts: 12, Reputation: 0

Apr 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
    Hun aless she is trying to be their and take care of you there are a lot of moms who don't even care about their kids aless you have a mom and a dad some kids don't even have 1...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Manipulative evil stepmom [ 3 Answers ]

So my step mom might not be abusing me or anything but she is a major . Before you laugh and mutter "silly girl, You don’t know how good you've got it" listen to my story please. My dad was happily married to my stepmom, lets call her Jane. My real parents are divorced so I only see my dad two...

Going to be a stepmom but not what you think! [ 8 Answers ]

I was dating my boyfriend for about 5 years. And 2 years into our relationship we had a child. We were both pleased and very happy but unfortunately we split when our daughter was 3 and a half. We were apart for 1 year but he continued to ask for me back, we'll we got back together a few months...

Stepmom visitation while Non-Custodial dad deployed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I still get the court ordered visitation ordered for my husband and have visitation with my step-daughter while her father is deployed in the Army. The mother is the custodial parent and is refusing to allow me visitation; she says I have no rights to see her, only her father has visitation. ...

I don't want to live with my dad and stepmom anymore [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Kaylee and I’m 16. I was born in August of 1991. My brother was born in July of 1992, which is when my parents got divorced. We lived in Seattle at the time. Now we live in Oklahoma. My dad doesn’t want me living with my mom because he says that she couldn’t be a...

Can stepmom keep my son every other week while his dad is overseas? [ 14 Answers ]

My ex and I have shared custody and our son spends one week with each of us, changing every Friday. He is getting deployed to Afghanistan in August for 6 months and he wants the custody rotation to stay the same, even though he won't even be here. He wants his wife, my son's stepmom, to have him...

View more questions Search