Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    technolove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 07:23 PM
    What exactly happens when there is an arrest warrant issued for you?
    I live in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). I want to know exactly what happens after an arrest warrant is issued for you.

Typically, how many police officers would be at your door? Do they have the right to break the door and enter if you don't answer (for example, sleeping)? Are ETF (Emergency Task Force / "SWAT") present during an arrest warrant? I know this depends on the type of crime, but what if they believe your not armed and dangerous (for example you committed theft under).

Do they allow you to dress up or they can just handcuff you no matter what your wearing (shorts/no t-shirt)?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2010, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by technolove View Post
    I live in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). I want to know exactly what happens after an arrest warrant is issued for you.

Typically, how many police officers would be at your door?
    Hello t:

There is no exact way it happens, and there's nothing typical about them. They may simply wait until you get stopped by a traffic cop, or they might show up with a swat team.

If you're concerned, turn yourself in.

excon
    technolove Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2010, 07:38 PM

Well I'm not the person who is in the situation, but one of my friend. It's no serious crime... but just curious. Anyone able to answer the questions?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2010, 01:49 PM

Excon just did.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2010, 04:16 PM

They may not even come looking but just wait till they just happen to find you.

If they do execute the warrant ( come to your door) then it is done by a group that does nothing but that, serve warrants.

They may break your door down if they know you are in there and you don't answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking for a warrant for my arrest [ 5 Answers ]

How do I check to see if I have a warrant

Will there be a warrant issued? [ 30 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I have been out of my parents house for almost a month. They are following through with what they have to do legaly to account for me. Im not a runaway, I was technically kicked out. Today they are in court as we speak for the accouring situation and a chins law statement. I...

Warrant For Arrest [ 4 Answers ]

Can the police in Ont, CAN put up a warrant for your arrest, if they SUSPECT you for theft over $5000?

Violated Probation, but a warrant hasn't been issued. [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently arrested for DUI, however I am on probation. I realize the new charge is a cause for violating my probabtion even if I feel the charge will be dismissed. I don't have a VOP warrant as of 7/11/2008. I have my very FIRST meeting with my P.O. on Monday. So my questions are after I tell...

Arrest warrant [ 3 Answers ]

I have a warant for "failure to appear on suspended license. Can I fly to another state{S.C.} without being arrested at the airport in detroit ?

View more questions Search