Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jastheace Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2006, 11:55 PM
    Birth certificate help needed
    Hi there

My name is jason guse. I currently have no identification and I have not had any for a number of years now . I have to use friends accounts for my money and I can't drive anymore because my license has exspired my problem is I live in new zealand but I was born in brisbane . Australia and over the years I have lost my birth cert wich was the only id I had also my license was lost at same time. I can't get my birth cert from australia without having i.d. {example} drivers license or passport or citizenship papers. And I can't get any of these for id. To get my birth cert. I'm in a real pickle and wonder how I ever will be able to get it without i.d please someone help me I'm so sad :(
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 05:14 AM
    I don't know the procedures in your area but certainly you are not the first to be in this situation.

I would call the local authorities and ask them what other documents you can use to prove your identity - and which forms of ID you can get with them.

I'd start with the The Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in Brisbane and ask them what supporting documents you must have to get the birth certificate.

It will just be a matter of several calls/emails to find the right route to take...
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2006, 06:48 AM
    As far as I know, New Zealand is a separate and sovereign country from Australia. That means that (unless you enter NZ illegally), you had to emigrate. So you had to have a passport and/or Visa to enter NZ. So I would start with the NZ Immigration service:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

They should have some record of your entry into the country.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Language at Birth [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was adopted from Colombia at about 16 months old. I spoke spanish as a baby, but through my life my parents taought me Eng and I was, I guess you can say "Americanized." I am taking Spanish in school and I am kind of uspet I don't know it as good as I do, however, it is so easy for me. ...

Birth [ 1 Answers ]

My cat has been pregnant for awhile now. She has been giving syphons as if she is going to give birth but it has not changes in a week and she still has not given birth is their anyway I can tell when she is going to be giving birth?:confused:

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

View more questions Search