Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starl1ght Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Jul 7, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Possible pregnancy even with low sperm count?
    My boyfriend and I have been having unprotected sex for the past month and a half. We want to have a bby but he has a very low sperm count and has been told he might never be able to conceive. I was sure I was going to get my period in June, because I been precise with my periods for over six months now and get it the same day every month.ive alredy missed my period. I have cramping,breasts aching, cravings, mood swings,heavy nausia (morning,afternoon,night,sometimes I even wake up at night due to the nausia), I nap during the day,huge eye bags,tierd and my boyfriend has been feeling sick about the same amount of time I have. He's dreams of me being pregnant, and in several occasions I've had people ask or mention the idea that I could be pregnant, without them being aware that we alredy think there's a possibility that we are expecting. Although about a week ago I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative.is it possible I am pregnant just maybe took a pregnancy test too soon?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 7, 2011, 01:47 PM

Yes, it's possible that you took the test too soon.

One other point - he will NEVER conceive. You might.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2011, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starl1ght View Post
    My boyfriend and i have been having unprotected sex for the past month and a half. We want to have a bby but he has a very low sperm count and has been told he might never be able to conceive. i was sure i was going to get my period in June, because i been precise with my periods for over six months now and get it the exact same day every month.ive alredy missed my period. i have cramping,breasts aching, cravings, mood swings,heavy nausia (morning,afternoon,night,sometimes i even wake up at night due to the nausia), i nap during the day,huge eye bags,tierd and my bf has been feeling sick about the same amount of time i have. hes dreams of me being pregnant, and in several occasions ive had ppl ask or mention the idea that i could be pregnant, without them being aware that we alredy think theres a possibility that we are expecting. although about a week ago i took a home pregnancy test and it was negative.is it possible i am pregnant just maybe took a pregnancy test too soon?
    People dreaming about/mentioning you having a baby is a far cry from a pregnancy symptom.

Anything could be a possibility at this point. I had a friend who took four separate HPTs and each one said negative - she was pregnant. I have another friend who was told at the age of 17 that she would never be able to conceive and sixteen years later, the same doctor who gave her the original diagnosis delivered her daughter.

Wait a week, take another test. If you're still not satisfied with the result, schedule an appointment with your doctor - last one I had cost $25.

And unless you're prepared to raise a child, you need to stop having unprotected sex immediately. "Low sperm count" does not mean "no sperm count."

Jul 8, 2011, 09:13 AM
    Comment on this8384's post
    Thank you. I am planning to take another at home test before I schedule and appointment. I have also herd of people who are told will not be able to have kids and sooner then later they become parents. .

Jul 8, 2011, 09:14 AM
    Comment on JudyKayTee's post
    Yea that's what my sister told me, her pregnancy test didn't show till after she was three weeks late, I'm on my secong week so going to wait it out a bit...
    Lol I just realized what I wrote about him conceiving hahah, I'm sure I will if I alredy hvnt :) thanks
    airhead12 Posts: 25, Reputation: -5

Jul 8, 2011, 10:18 AM
    Comment on this8384's post
    Me and my boyfriend being try to year and he got told he can't have kid but in may did a test say preanat 3 week so. Can well hope you find out let me know and keep trying
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 8, 2011, 10:23 AM

Good luck in trying to conceive!

Just keep trying, have fun with it, and consult your physician when in doubt!

Oct 4, 2011, 02:11 PM
    Did u find out if you where pregnancy?

Dec 9, 2011, 07:25 PM
    Did u find out?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Please don't use text speak - this person has not signed on since July. Please stop asking her the same question when she hasn't responded to your earlier questions.

Dec 20, 2011, 02:40 PM
    Get a life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Sperm Count [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 8 months now. We have just found out he has a low sperm count... Has anyone got any good advice for us or know of any thing we can do to boost the number? Thanks

Low sperm count [ 1 Answers ]

My sperm count is very low,what's the normal sperm count to have a baby?

Low Sperm Count. Can this be Reversed? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been tested twice and both times my sperm count was very low. My motility was normal. Not sure what that is. Per the last test I had 1.5 million sperm and normal is 20-50 million sperm. Because of my low sperm count will I not be able to get my partner pregnant? Also can this be reversed?...

View more questions Search