Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
    My Kenmore elite frigerator will not make ice
    I just noticed today that my four year old frigerator is not making ice. I have the side by side with the ice maker in the door. I was wondering if it was the sensor or the whole ice maker is shot?
    Kender Posts: 64, Reputation: 13

Oct 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
    They have had a lot of problems with the ones with the ice bucket on the door.
    The sensor normally does not go bad.
    The fill tube (the water line that goes from the back of the freezer to the ice maker) could be frozen. Two reasons for that.
    1- the water valve has a slow drip to it and the drips freeze and slowly ice up the tube. The fix is to replace the water valve and thaw the line with a hair drier.
    2- thin insulation around the fill tube where it travels over the freezer compartment. WHP makes a small heater that slides inside it for a correction

If the fill tube is not frozen then its either a bad ice maker or water valve

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore elite Dryer - [ 3 Answers ]

My kenmore dryer starts the drying cycle then after about 2 - 5 minutes shuts off. It will restart after about 30 minutes. I have checked the thermal cut offs hi limit thermostats, etc. Any suggestions?

Kenmore elite fridge [ 1 Answers ]

We had a power outage at our neighborhood. Now the freezer/fridge is warm, but lights are on. Is there something I can do to fix it?:eek:

Kenmore Elite Dryer [ 3 Answers ]

From time to time, I am able to select my drying selections, load size and all the settings but when I push START it only "clicks" and will not start. Then the next day, it is like it "resets" itself and works fine. There seems to be no reason when or why this occurs. Is there any reason why...

Ice Maker Won't Make Ice on its Own [ 0 Answers ]

In addition to the jacuzzi issue, my ice maker won't produce ice on its own. The family who lived here before me never had it connected; the refrigerator is not quite 2 years old. It's a Kitchen-Aid. If I fill up the tray with water, it eventually freezes and the ice is released. I can hear water...

View more questions Search