Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jigneshpharma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2015, 10:19 PM
    I want low energy consuming AC for my 10X20 Ft room. What should I cut down room size
    I want low energy consuming AC for my 10X20 Ft room. What should I do to cutdown room size so that small AC can also become effective?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2015, 09:17 AM
    A small window AC would do nicely.

KulĀ® 5,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner - BedBathandBeyond.com
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2015, 10:44 AM
    Cut down room size? You mean build a wall? Sure, build a wall. You could even build one that is only tied down in 4 places on the side walls, not ceiling and floor, so that it is removable and patchable without too much work.
    The key to energy COST saving is to buy an expensive, low amp AC. I cooled a whole first floor with an 8,000 BTU that is only 6.5 amps. But it cost more than double what those 12 amp ones cost. Worth it! And you won't have to make a smaller room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate the air supply size for a room, according to duct size? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton central heating and a/c. My bathroom was remodeled and now is 66 sf. My existing flex duct to the bath is 7" DIA. Can I use a 12x4 supply boot with a 7" duct, or do I have to change the duct size? How can I calculate the size of a supply boot according to duct size?

Would a holding tank in warm room prior to heater save energy [ 2 Answers ]

Room temperature water would be entering rather than cold ground water

Bad smell in hot water heater room and loundry room [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed bad snell almost like urine smell in our hot water heater room and loundry room which is right next to each other. (we live in condo). I have no idea where the smell is coming from from either room. But only thing I can think of that they share is water pipe?? Do you have any idea...

Have odd floor,sunken living room and family room and want it all one level [ 3 Answers ]

My living room and family room are sunken with ceramic tile on top, How would I make it one leverl?

Drywall sheets don't fit in my room, how should I cut them [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone I couldn't get 4x8 sheets of plywood into my third floor. I had to cut them (2X8 sheets). Does anyone have a suggestion for how to cut the 4x8 drywall sheets (2X8 or 4x4 or other) to end up with the fewest seams. The ceiling height is just less than 8' if that makes a difference. ...

View more questions Search