Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smithjnicola Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Pre cancerous cells found in cervical glands
    6 motnhs ago I under went a biospy down below because like a lot of women my smeer test has come back abnormal.unfirtuatly the biospy found that the precancerous cells had spread to my cerix glands(this is graded at cin 3) this they suggested a hystrerectomy.I am only 25 but fortunate to have one child already.I cameof the depo in December in which I was on it for 18 months but was bleeding throughout,the docotr stopped the depo and put me on the pill which I only took for one month.thuis was all before I found out I had precencerous cells.
    Now my last period was 28th jan nearly 8 weks ago I sometimes feel like I'm going to come on but don't you know when you get that aching feeling and the munches.
    Could this be llinked with the pre cancerous cells changing again.or spread.
    Does anyone know anything about this or is in the same situation.
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Mar 20, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Precancerous? It's either benigh or cancerous. Seek a second and third opinion always. Seek an Oncologist, not just your OB. A Hysterectomy is serious especially at your age.

Good luck to you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Yes, precancerous is possible, especially with cervical cancer. Many different types of cancers can be graded as precancerous.

It is possible that this may be linked to the precancerous condition, it could be possible that you are pregnant.

Unfortunately we cannot give accurate advice on your situation via the internet. You need to make an appointment with your OB or possibly get a second opinion on your condition.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ATYOURSERVICE
    Precancerous? It's either benigh or cancerous.
    Yes, certain cancers including melanoma (skin cancer) and cervical cancer, among a few others can be considered, staged, and/or graded as precancerous. Meaning that it has the ability to mature into malignant cancer cells. Many doctors refer to these cells as suspicious cells as well a precancerous.

Your information is correct in regards to some cancers, but not all.

And it would be either "benign or malignant" with some cancers.

Mar 20, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Thank you J-9. Makes sense, but we all have cancerous cells in our bodies then.
    I recently found out, because of my father, that all men have cancerous cells in our prostate. Wheather we develop them depends on many factors. My chances are now higher because he was diagnosed and beat the prostate cancer while retaining his prostate.
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Now, I have never heard that we all have cancerous cells in our bodies. That one is new to me, so I can't dispute it. I will ask one of my professors so that we can update our info. ;)

However, I do know that if someone in our families has had cancer, then we have a genetic predisposition for it.

But still don't know about all of us having cancerous cells. Ya never know, I am still learning and this is one I have not heard yet. But if it is so, you can be assured I will always remember where I heard it the first time. :p And I know I'd get it right on a test.:p

Mar 20, 2007, 11:06 AM
    I can only go off what my father physician stated. May be he simplied the process? Check this out. Note page 6 http://www.tamu.edu/classes/plan/mag...s/470immun.pdf
    Expert

Mar 20, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Very interesting. THANKS!!

See, I learned something new today. I hope you don't mind if I keep add this to my favorites!!

Very informative.

Mar 20, 2007, 11:14 AM
    Not at all.. good luck in your studies.
    nicpoppleton Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 03:55 AM
    I am 26yrls old. I had abnormal results 4 times one after the other. I had cin 1 which if left untreated would eventually turn into cancer. If your ob has rated you at cin 3 then it's the same but they can't leave it at all it has to be treated. As with mine it could be left as sometimes it can clear up on its own but they didn't leave me they did a loop biopsy which scraped all the pre cancerous cells out. And my tests have been normal for 2 yrs now. I get checked every year, it used to be every 6 months. Don't worry they will ony recommend what they think is absolutely necessary. It's the most treatable when cught early.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cervical cancer [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get cervical cancer post partial hysterectomy? I still have my cervix

Glands [ 4 Answers ]

When is it considered necessary to remove a salivary gland? My salivary gland is swollen and may have to be removed. Should I worry?

Clicking differnet cells and it selecting all cells [ 2 Answers ]

Just wondered if anyone knew what I did to get ms excel to select all cells from A1 to what ever cell I clicked on. Thought it was sticky keys but it was turned off. Clicked left mouse button and it moved cells then when I clicked other cells it started using that as a new ref point and selecting...

Cervical fluid [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble distinguishing wet/sticky creamy, etc... I have an estimated fertile time of thurs June 9, 10, 11, with possible o on 12th. I am seeing signs of approaching o in my cervical fluid. I have been dry as the desert until today. They say you start sticky, then creamy, then wet...

View more questions Search