Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acerbits Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 07:41 PM
    Theft/Fraud under $5000
    I've recently been scammed by a "friend". She was helping me sell some Play station 3 game consoles, and few days later she told me they were stolen. After that I waited a while than checked about the status of the police report etc. and found out she never filed one, and for two weeks I called her everyday to get her to file a report with me and she makes excuses every time. Few days ago I went to the cops myself to report the incident and found out that she has been lying the whole time and they were never stolen, both her mother and her brother are lying and covering for her. And now they are refusing to give them back because her piece of mom gives me a bunch of bull about "I gave the game consoles to her". I filed a police report against her today, I'm wondering what kind of sentence should I expect her to receive if she is convicted? The value of the items is roughly 2100CAD dollars. Would it be likely for her to receive a short (30-90 days) jail sentence? I think it's a fairly serious offense considering the value and what she did.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
    First you have to get her convicted, if her mom and other relations testify in court you "gave" them to her, you are going to have to prove with evidence she was to sell them for you.

Next if this is the first time she has been in trouble, if she is convicted it will be most likely probation no jail and given a fine and told you repay you.

But if it is your word against hers, and her mom is testifing for her, you need some proof of your case.
    acerbits Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Hmmmm, It's going to be hard to get other evidence since there weren't anyone else there. But her mother words are obviously lies I would think, if I let her sell one unit that maybe difficult to argue but it was 3 units, I seriously don't see how anyone can say that I "gave" her 3 playstation 3 units for no reason is justified, it would make no sense at all.
    babyschewinn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 04:23 PM
    I just bought a 2002 doge intreped at a car dealer ship the car was used when I drove in bought the car I didn't have a problem until the car started cutting off, In the transmission light popped on I called the dealer to asked them why was the car doing this he kelpt saying it was a switch in the hood that I had to play with so I took it to a car dealer auto shop to get it looked at they told me it was my transmission the warranty company don't want to fix it and it's not a warranty under the car what can I do

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fraud under 5000$ [ 6 Answers ]

I'm not even sure if this is what I think it is. Basically I'll just describe the situation. I walked into my bank yesterday with a wish to deposit my paycheck. I walk to the ABM machine and see a question on it *DO YOU NEED MORE TIME ?* I clicked yes, it prompted me to a menu of a...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Ok me and 2 other guys got caught for theft under 5000, the total cost of the items was4300 or something... Im the only one over 18, others are 16 my share of the thngs was approx 1200... I was just wondering what kind of punishment am I looking at? This is my first offence, I haven't so much as...

Theft under $5000.. : ( [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I just got caught stealing from the Bay (HBC). I was first put under arrest.. brought into the back of the store and they took all of my information etc. etc. They checked my criminal record and everything, and since I don't have one they did not charge me but I'm not allowed going into...

Theft Under 5000 [ 19 Answers ]

I am 21 yo and living in Ontario Canada. I have recently been arrested for theft. Here's what I did. I used to work at a pay day advance place, where they load up cards for the amount of money they are lending to you. I took a card for myself and loaded it from home($2000). Then...

Theft under 5000 [ 5 Answers ]

Wondering what is the most possible sentence for a guy25 who stole 3 batteries in superstore ?

View more questions Search