Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StephyJames Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
    My period is 10 days late, cramping, sore breasts, Am I pregnant?
    I'm 22 years old, engaged and LATE! It's been 10 days since I should have started. I've been having cramps like I'm going to start and nothing. My breasts are sore as well, like they usually are before my period. When I use the bathroom I have clear watery discharge... It feels like my period but when I look, Its not.

I'm worried I could be pregnant or something worse.

I have taken 3 tests and all have been negative but I've heard that for some women they never got a posative until they were 3-4 months pregnant.

I do not have a regular doctor to go to and they won't do a blood test until I am 12-14 days late. I'm driving myself crazy thinking about it.

If you have any advice or have been through this yourself, Please let me know!!

Thank you SO SO SO much!! :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Sorry, we cannot diagnose you over the internet, if you've had sex then yes, you could be pregnant. I would wait until they will do a blood test.

Good luck.
    KissMe10der Posts: 306, Reputation: 22

Jul 29, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Ok, you need to calm down.

Stress can cause you to be late, and stressing more you are making it more late.

If you are having sex, its is ALWAYS possible to become pregnant.

If it is negative at this late.. then there is a good possibility its correct. Wait a few days, and then retest.

Women can actually make their bodies think they are pregnant. But REALLY wanting to be pregnant or REALLY not want to be pregnant. SO CALM DOWN!

I had this happen to me last month. I was 2 weeks late before getting my period. Which is WAY out of the normal for me. I felt SUPER wet the week I was supposed to get it. I took a HPT 1 week late, and 3 days later a blood test. But I got it at exactly two weeks late.

Anyway, my problem was at least we think its my problem... I wasent sleeping good, and I had, had a ear infection so we wondered if the Meds effected it.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Jul 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
    The constant worry can cause you to be even later. So easier said than done. Stop worrying. If you find a planned parenthood you may be able to get some additional testing. I can tell you that sometimes weather can change your cycle as well. Go find out. Look for a life clinic in your area as well or Free testing clinics. Let me ask you when you say that you are worried that you could be pregnant or worse... what is the "worse" equate to?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Actually, getting a negative after only 10 days late isn't that unusual. It's true that some women don't get a positive using an hpt until much later in their pregnancy, as some women will have lower hormone levels than others. A blood test is very accurate, but even those can be wrong some times. As I said before, go for the blood test.

Good luck.

Jul 29, 2008, 03:12 PM
    MsMewiththat, What I meant by worse was maybe cervical cancer, ovarian cysts, infections and so on. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst about a year ago but it never affected my period so I don't think that's what it is, but it very well is a possibility.

Thank you everyone SO much for the advice.
    I'll keep posting on here until I find out rock solid evidence as I HATE reading posts where women have questions/symptoms like mine and never re post with the outcome.

:) Thank you!!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jul 30, 2008, 05:31 AM
    Try the blood test the 14 days after... as others have said, it is not uncommon to be late once in awhile... although for someone who is quite regular, and sexually active, pregnancy is often the first suspect to either confirm or rule out.
    What you are feeling, cramping as though period is about to come on, increased discharge, sore breasts, can all be signs of possible pregnancy, can also be that your period is just going to be late this cycle.

Jul 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Thanks for the advice DoulaLC. I've had late cycles before so its not very odd for me but what's different this time is the cramping. It feels like I'm actually having my period.

Jul 31, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Well everyone, AF came today :) 11 days late. Probably stress or something (I live with 2 guys) lol Thanks for all the advice!!

Aug 1, 2008, 07:28 AM
    Thank you for explaining more about what you considered worse. That is worse. Reading some of the things that you have written about your irregularity and cramping and problems leads me to think that there may be something else going on with you. I would highly recommend given your history that you track in writing the symptoms that you are experiencing through out your cycle and then keep track of your cycle. I keep my info in a pocket calendar that I carry with me in my purse. It helps when you have to look back and figure either how long something has been going on or to share information with your doctor. Most often we have to be our own advocates at the Dr.'s office and keeping track of your symptoms can help.

Aug 1, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Thank you MsMewiththat! I'll do that. I'm going to schedule an appointment soon to get checked out. I'm pretty sure the cysts are to blame. Hopefully that's all it is.

Aug 1, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Good health and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

6 weeks : no period or sore breasts [ 5 Answers ]

I had an abortion on February 23 and I was supposed to wait 2-3 weeks before having intercourse. My b/f and I had sex around the 2nd week in march, I haven't had a period since the first the first time I was pregnant and that was in January. I know I'm pregnant about 6 weeks but I don't have any...

8 Days late on my Period! NOT PREGNANT! Weird symptoms! [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Linsay I am 21 years old. I have been looking through all these womens' posts who have had late periods. I am having the same problem. I have taken several pregnancy tests and they are negative. I have already had one baby and I don't feel pregnant, at least not like I did the...

If I had sex two days before a 5 day late period could I still be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK I had sex 2 days before my period started. And my partner released a LOT of semen in me! And I was not on birth control. But that period was like five days late! I don't know why but it was. Its been about 4 weeks since then and my breast were really sore and they started to get really soft and...

Sore breasts, no period, negative tests [ 7 Answers ]

I have had two miscarriages since January. My cycle is not very regular. I had one May 11, miscarriage, cycle on June 15, cycle on July 14. No cycle yet, tested on Aug. 13 got a negative. I am so hoping that we are pregnant. We got married in November and my husband has no biological children.

2 days late my period is light and my pregnecy test is negative. Am I pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm always on the 7th and this month I started on the 9th. My fiancé and I have slept together since last month. He always comes inside me. The past week and a half I have slept with him everyday with him coming inside me. We already have one kid who is 10 months old. I took a pregnant. Test...

View more questions Search