Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Apr 4, 2008, 06:34 AM
    1993 Jeep 4.0 liter
    I have an oil leak at the oil filter housing. At one time several years ago I had a similar leak repaired at the Jeep dealer at a cost of $300 to install a $.98 O-ring. It is now leaking again and I was looking for a picture of this oil filter housing and the size torx driver I need to remove it I think it's a #60 but I'm not sure. Does anyone know where I can get a picture of this? I have a Haynes manual but it doesn't show it. This repair must be a bread and butter job for Jeep for it to be so hard to find information on it.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2008, 11:17 AM
    My mechanic fixed this same problem for $40.00. It is a common Jeep problem. Boy did you get soaked royally at the Jeef Dealer for this repair! WoW is all I can say about that. You can go to your local auto parts store and ask them to look up the size. If I were you and paid THAT much for a $40 repair, I'd march back into the Jeep dealer and demand that they fix it again free on them as you can tell them that some little old lady in Ohio went to the local Midas Muffler store and had her 1994 Jeep GCherokee same job done for $40 as they were HONEST mechanics. I'd even show them a print out of this post to prove it to them. I think I still have the receipt saying the repair was $40.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee [ 2 Answers ]

I plan to replace the valve seals in this jeep, it is a 4.0 liter. I want to re-verify which is the exhaust and the intake valves. Looking from the passenger side of the car which is the first valve? Or am I SOL until I pull the valve cover?:o

1993 Jeep [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter 155,000 miles. I seem like when it gets hot, it starts to slowdown and sparkrattle. If I am running down the road and it decides to do this , I can shut it off and after a while it will run OK. It never shuts off but it will only run about 20 mph. Like I...

1987 jeep cherokee 4.0 liter problems [ 1 Answers ]

My husband's 1987 jeep cherokee dies while driving, has a 'chugging' idle, and doesn't want to start. We had the oxygen sensor (I think), radiator, starter, fuel filter, fuses, and spark plugs all replaced. Any suggestions? Thank you!

2002 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter engine code. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Jeep Grd Cherokee 4.0 liter. I keep getting codes: PO442 Evaporative Emission Control Leak Detected (Small Leak) & PO455 same as above but Gross Leak. Dealer keeps telling me it's a bad gas cap but after the third one I think I need to go to a different dealer. Does anyone know what...

View more questions Search