Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CrazyTown21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Disorderly Conduct
    I've read through and have found contradicting information about this offense so figured I would be better off to just ask. A year and a half ago I was north of chicago off 90 misplaced my wallet at an oasis and while inside was bumped into. I had already had a bad day and reached for my wallet to pay for food. Well not being there I assumed that perhaps someone had maybe pickpocketed me it happened before. So I called the authorities to file a report, nothing like being on a toll road with no cash or ID, and after all was said and done the officer asked me to retrace my steps I got back to the car and found my wallet on the ground next to it. I showed it to the officer and without missing a beat he starting telling me that filing a false police report was a crime. I pleaded with the officer that it was a mistake and I apologized and was brought up on disorderly conduct charges. I went to court was given 12 months court supervision and the judge said after 12 months if I kept my nose clean he would drop all charges and dismiss everything. Well I stayed clean and out of Illinois and he said case dismissed. Now here's the fun part. Im working on a degree in Criminal justice and am applying for a state LEO position. Im aware that most states run an NCIC BI. Will this show up and cause me to be dismissed. Im sure things like this will show up on a federal BI but what about state? I was fingerprinted had my picture taken etc. Before this the only other thing I had was a probation incident when I was 14, caught drinking underage. I will have my associates by may and Im debating to go for my Bachelors however if this is an offense that will destroy my chances at law enforcement then I need to rethink my career interests.
    Thank you for your time.
    -M
    CrazyTown21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 06:03 PM

On another note I have friends whom are also LEO's telling me to treat it as if in the military to only give answers to questions asked and not to volunteer information. I pulled a BI on myself probably paid too much to do so and nothing shows up. Then again I'm only able to access those available to civilians.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 31, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Hello Crazy:

Couple things:

I think ANY police force will pull up your conviction. But, I don't think that a conviction for disorderly conduct will keep you from becoming a cop.

Lying about it, however, will.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disorderly conduct [ 1 Answers ]

I receive a ticket for disordery conduct and been loud. Would this appear on my record. Because I never been arest before or ant charges

Disorderly conduct violation [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I was sentenced in court. I was told I had disorderly conduct violation. No fines no jail time. Does that mean when asked on an application have you committed a crime I can say no.

Disorderly conduct, how will it affect me? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a disorderly conduct charge on my record. I am beginning to look for a job ( I am just finishing school) and I am really nervous about how this will affect my job search. When someone looks at my record, what do they see? I am sure that it is more extensive then just saying 'disorderly...

Disorderly conduct for employment app [ 3 Answers ]

Help! I'm applying for a new job(a county job)in my area the app is going to ask have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor? I have a disorderly conduct charge from about 10 years ago at least of course I would have to mention this(I'm in pennsylvania)will this affect my chances of...

Haunted by a Disorderly Conduct [ 2 Answers ]

Will a Disorderly Conduct (Violation) sealed by the court prevent me from working for specifically for a bank? Or any other types of employment? Also, will my fingerprints show up (the bank is requiring that I submit them) - they were confirmed by the city/county that they were destroyed &...

View more questions Search