Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa2marie1985 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Sex offender restrictions
    I have a friend whose ex is dating a registered sex offender. Now the problem is my friend is going to court for custody of his kids. The charge put against this sex offender was for a 11 year old girl. My friends daughter is no older than 5 year old. Now here's my question... What are the Ny state laws regarding a regisered sex offender being with a adult who has children? And what effect does this have in family court? Also what are the laws on housing for a sex offender?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
    From other problems like this that I have read on this site and other places he could have his kids taken off him for being with a sex offender.
    Children's services give a harder time to people living together than if they were married too
    He could very well lose his kids over her.

Here are some sites that might be helpful
    Megan's Law in New York
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 18, 2008, 05:33 PM
    First depending on the sex offenders status they may not be allowed to live around or even be around children without it being a violation. But yes he is risking losing his children ( and if the other side shows he is living with or the children will be around a sex offender) he will never get them if this comes out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Passport restrictions [ 3 Answers ]

What criminal background can prevent a US born citizen from being able to obtain a passport? How many years back and for what convictions &/or arrests would be a problem? We are hoping to take a cruise for our honeymoon this fall, and with the new laws, we are just trying to see if there will be...

Travel Restrictions for Felons [ 1 Answers ]

I am off Federal probation in a couple of months for a white collar crime (conspiracy to defraud IRS). I served my halfway house time and all restitution and fines have been paid. I now live in Florida. I would like to travel on a cruise or fly to Canada or Europe with my wife. I still have my...

Site restrictions [ 2 Answers ]

my x boyfriend who was extremely over protective to the point of being a nutter - has set restrictions on the websites I'm allowed on - he didn't like me chatting to my old mates and has password protected and blocked sites as friends reunited and bblocked my Facebook page. I have friends all of...

Beam Restrictions [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2" x 12" beams that make up the upstairs of my condo and was wondering what the furthest distance apart the load bearing walls that support the beams can be.

View more questions Search