Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alfama Posts: 47, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2016, 09:27 AM
    Is it possible to hack into my mobile, and delete a lot of my messages fron my inbox
    Mystery, a lot of my important messages have vanished from my inbox, My phone isn't an andriod
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 15, 2016, 09:43 AM
    Yes, but then again anything is possible.

Nov 15, 2016, 09:52 AM
    Thank you CB, then I'll report it to the police
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2016, 09:56 AM
    Just don't expect them to do anything however. A hacker would copy them if they were of interest without deleting them....so it was less likely anyone would have noticed them there. If they got in and wasn't noticed, they could continue for some time making that approach in their best interest.

I'm guessing it was more than likely a mistake you made and didn't notice until later.

Nov 15, 2016, 10:13 AM
    Hi Smoothy, it wasn't a mistake, it was evidence to an oncoming court case
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2016, 10:19 AM
    I know hindsight is always 20/20 but did you take measures to back it up? If so it might be able to be recovered. I've been working with computers for 37 years... you always back up anything that's important, someway, somehow. You can back up Android stuff, you can back up Apple stuff. If its one of the older proprietary O/S phone systems you are screwed.

By backing up..I mean hard copy prints, clear video showing you displaying the material in question on the device, etc...even if you don't have full device backup capability.

I thought Apple resolved that iCloud vulnerability issue a good while back if that's what you had.

Also, with a trial...evidence should have been shared during discovery by both sides, meaning there has to be copies out there...you generally can't spring a last minute surprise.

Nov 15, 2016, 10:32 AM
    Thank you for being very informative, the phone that I use is very old, it's not Android or apple. So looks like I've screwed it up.
    Uber Member

Nov 15, 2016, 11:57 AM
    In that case you would have had to have displayed the info, taken a photo or video of it, If we are talking Text, actual calls received ( the list of numbers, date and times) you might have your lawyer to make the request to subpoena the carrier for those records... but expect to pay for it. If you are talking voice mails... those don't reside on your phone. Those are on the carriers network and once deleted may be gone forever ( I don't think that is information they are required to maintain).
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 15, 2016, 01:22 PM
    Take it to a Best Buy or some place with a geek squad and ask about recovering it. It might still be there. (The police won't do anything.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I move messages from my inbox to other boxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I have Google Chrome as my e-mail system, but can't move messages from my inbox into other boxes, e.g. Personal/Saved Messages etc. Does anyone know how I can get round this little problem, as the only way I can organise my mail messages right now is through my phone. Please tell me in laymans...

In Outlook Express all messages disappreared from inbox [ 1 Answers ]

In Outlook Express 6 while putting messages into folders the message: "Cannot copy Inbox: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." After the message the hourglass was on screen in excess of 5 minutes. Then completed a...

Old Messages appering in INBOX [ 3 Answers ]

I use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2007. I intermitantly keep receiving some OLD messages in my Inbox, A message which was received almost 4 to 5 months back, all of a sudden the same item reappears in inbox that too in old Date. Please advice, Ranjit

Missing Messages from Outlook Express Inbox [ 2 Answers ]

Last night while answering e-mails the computer asked me if I wanted to compress files to free up disc space. Not remembering what happened the last time, I said yes. The window showed it compressing, then deleting. Sure enough, all messages in my inbox from 6/30/2008 to 9/4/2008 are gone. They...

View more questions Search