Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmackin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Sanskrit writing
    Can someone help with writing the word "Rta" meaning; truth, natural order, or natural law? I have seen two very slight variations on this in the first half of the symbol representing the "R".

Thanks. I am hoping to engrave this meaningful word into my wedding band.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 12, 2009, 11:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bmackin View Post
    Can someone help with writing the word "Rta" meaning; truth, natural order, or natural law? I have seen two very slight variations on this in the first half of the symbol representing the "R".

Thanks. I am hoping to engrave this meaningful word into my wedding band.
    Why Sanskrit? Why not English? It's very meaningful in English.

My Hindu coworker is shocked at how people think putting Sanskrit writing on their bodies as tattoos will make the tattoo "better" or more "mysterious" or a "conversation piece." Manisha says Sanskrit doesn't translate well; it's too ancient a language. She says 99% of the Sanskrit words and phrases people grab onto are incorrect. Someone on this site the other day was going to get a Sanskrit word tattooed on his body somewhere. The word he had chosen were the characters that spelled out "honikish" which Manisha says means absolutely nothing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2009, 08:44 PM

Yeah I don't understand the trend either I think it is that they think the lines are prettier/softer and it is mystical. There are so many posts on here asking for translations from English to sanskrit. Then they complain that it wasn't translated right.

Honikish would mean my daughter calling her boyfriend honey and his last name is Kish.
    sanskrittattoos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 12, 2012, 08:55 AM
    Try http://tattoos.practicalsanskrit.com/p/get-tattoo-images.html to get Authentic Sanskrit Tattoos. On Facebook try http://www.facebook.com/SanskritTattoos

Authentic translations, in depth discussion of the Sanskrit aspect, handwritten calligraphy art, audio file for correct pronunciation.
    Sanskrit is not dead. Almost all modern Indian languages are rooted in Sanskrit. It is not like Latin where only few clergy know some Latin. Many many people chant original mantras and prayers daily. Students study it in school, remember wisdom shloka-s.

'Truth' is meaningful in any language. The person is simply desiring to have it in Sanskrit's script. Just like someone may want a Psalm in Hebrew!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sanskrit writing [ 18 Answers ]

Hello I would like to know how to translate my daughters names into sanskrit Their names are Miana and Isabella Thank You

My name in Sanskrit writing ? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi I Want to Know How My Name Would Be In Sanskrit Writing? (just Like Rihannas Tattoo But I Want to Write My Name) Hoda Merei Hope Someone Can Answer Me, Thanxx.

Sanskrit Writing [ 2 Answers ]

How do I spell my name Rebecca in Sanskrit, as I want it for my next tattoo. :o

Sanskrit writing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I was wondering if anyone could tell me how my name would look in sanskrit? It is spelled Deborah Marie and pronounced like Deb-o-rah ma-ree

Sanskrit writing [ 2 Answers ]

How do I write my name Simran in sanskrit?

View more questions Search