Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drfowl01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 08:53 AM
    1 week late, 4 negative pregnancy tests?
    My last period was June 20, I did not take my birth control pill during the month of July, because my gynecologist appointment was not until a week after my last period. I should have started last week, around July 19 or 20, but I still haven't started. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all of them have come back negative. I don't really have any signs of pregnancy, except a missed period. My periods are usually regular unless I skip my birth control for that month. Can u please help me?
    tinlady Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drfowl01
    My last period was June 20, I did not take my birth control pill during the month of july, due to the fact that my gynecologist appointment was not until a week after my last period. I should have started last week, around July 19 or 20, but I still haven't started. I have taken 4 home pregnancy tests and all of them have come back negative. I don't really have any signs of pregnancy, except a missed period. My periods are usually regular unless I skip my birth control for that month. Can u please help me??
    Don't worry!! There are lots of reasons your period could be late! Just don't have any unprotected sex until you resume taking your pill xx
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 09:07 AM
    Let me just say this first, pregnancy is always a possibility when you have sex, period. No birth control is 100% effective, so its even a possibility when you are taking it.

Let me give you two possibilities. First, the hormones in birth control can make your period go irregular. When you didn't take the pill in July, your hormones might have become confused, therefore making your period irregular. When it comes to your menstrual cycle, hormones are everything.

Now the second possibility, you could be pregnant. HPT's are not always accurate, for some women they never say positive through their whole pregnancy. The best time to wait to take a pregnancy test is 1-2 weeks after your missed period. You also have to make sure to use your first morning urine, it is the most accurate. Another thing you can do is go to your doctor and request a quantative blood test. This is the most accurate way of testing pregnancy. In this case it could go either way. Good luck! :)
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jul 26, 2007, 01:26 PM
    You might be out of wack for not being regular with the BCP. I wouldn't worry about pregnancy too much, but safeguard on other ways until you get back on it for a month or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Over 2 weeks late but Pregnancy tests are negative [ 22 Answers ]

My periods are very regular but I am over two weeks late. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over 6 months. I have taken several home tests and they are negative. I also went to my doctor last week for a routine pap and she said my urine test was negative. Is it possible that...

Late period and negative tests [ 4 Answers ]

Its 5days since my missed period I took one test but I'm not sure if I passed to 10min mark but yeah there's definitely a purple line.. well anyway I took another today and it was negative but still no period could I be pregnant ?should I have a blood test done

4 negative pregnancy tests but still no period [ 7 Answers ]

My period was due on April 10th and on that day I took a test and it was negative.since then I've taken 3 more and they all were negative but I'm having no symptoms for my period to come which I usually do and I'm having the symptoms of being pregnant me and my boyfriend have been having...

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

My period is late but negative tests! [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I am 25 and trying to get pregnant have not stressed about it at all. This month is so weird though Ihad my period on the 24 of January with spotting 4 days before. My cycle is always 31-36 days long and I am on day 37 but my period was supposed to be on the 26 of February. I use...

View more questions Search