Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ricci Powell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2014, 04:33 PM
    I lost my boyfriend he passed away
    I lost my boyfriend the love of my life and soul mate. He went into diabetic coma Monday morning and I was laying right next to him he was gurgling on his own throw up and I rolled him over to try and help him breath. Did everything thing that I had been told to do. I heard his last heart beat and felt his last breath. He passed on the 13th of this month. I can't stop crying I keep blaming myself cause I should have made him go to the hospital when I had asked him earlier that night. I'm angry I don't want to eat. I want all this to be a nightmare. And I keep aaking God why did you take the man the one thing in my life that made me happy and safe and no worries in life Any suggestions on how to cope with it
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 04:39 PM
    I'm so very sorry for your loss.

I won't tell you that you'll get over it, grief is forever, but it does get better with time. Blaming yourself is normal, most people do it when a loved one dies of a disease, or an accident, especially if they were there when they passed on.

The main thing that helped me was grief counseling. I highly recommend it. There are also grief groups (you'd have to check where you live to find where they are, or if there are any in your area) where people meet and discuss their grief, their loss. These people are all going through what you're going through, and it can be very comforting to be with people that are feeling the same pain. They may also have suggestions on other groups or therapists that you can contact.

This is still very new, and it will take time. Let yourself cry, let yourself grieve, it's part of the process. But don't deny yourself the comfort that the above mentioned things can give you.

Good luck.
    Ricci Powell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2014, 04:46 PM
    Thank you he was a type 1 diabetic and it kills me right now kknowing I won't see him again anytime soon I know one da I will but till then I'm lost
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 17, 2014, 04:54 PM
    That's the hardest part, learning to live without the one you love. Like I said, it never completely goes away, but it does get easier, it really does. Right now you probably can't fathom how that's possible, but it is. One day you'll remember him and instead of crying, you'll smile at the memory.

Do look into grief counseling. It did me a world of good. Grief groups are great too, and normally free, so I'd check into that as well.

Good luck. :)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 17, 2014, 08:19 PM
    You did what you could - you asked him to go to the hospital. You can't 'make' a grown man do something he doesn't want to do. You can call an ambulance, but it was morning before you knew how bad it was going to be. Yes I know you blame yourself, we all do in times like this. It means you are a good person. It hurts beyond belief, I know. I'm sorry. Please take Alty's good suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend has passed [ 1 Answers ]

I am 16 years old. I have been in a relation with a boy two years. He was suffering from cancer and it was diagnosed just the next day after we came to a relation. I loved him and decided to be with him till the end. Days passed he was going through many treatments. Still we spend a lot of quality...

I passed out, lost my vision and hearing, drifted in and out of consciousness [ 3 Answers ]

I was in the shower, I lost my hearing and my vision was blurry. I passed out. I lost consciousness and regained it many times, but when I regained consciousness, I couldn't see and I could hardly hear. Occasionally I could see sihloettes and then I would lose my vision completely. I was very...

My boyfriend of 2 years passed away 1 month ago. [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend recently passed away a month ago. We had been together for almost two years. He was suicidal, but I know in my heart that he didn't actually want to leave and that it was a spur of the moment kind of thing. We loved each other so much, he was 22 and I am 17. He was such a gentleman,...

How do I move on when my boyfriend has passed away? [ 2 Answers ]

Here's my heartbreaking story. I meet this wonderful guy in June 2004 we started talking and we became a couple soon after that he was so special to me and he was the best. I fell in love with him, he was my first everything after a year of dating I lost my virginity to him which was very special....

View more questions Search