Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msr1046 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 07:39 PM
    1998 Toyota Camry inside door handle drivers side
    The plastic trim frame around the door handle on my 1998 Toyota Camry is cracked. How big of a repair/replacement job is it
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 08:08 PM
    Is this inside or out? Or front or rear?

Feb 12, 2008, 08:28 PM
    This is the plastic bezel insde of the left front drivers door. I guess that it cracked from the cold weater and age. It is causing a bind to the electric lock mechanism and am going to fix it as soon as the weather warms up. Thanks for any advice
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 08:39 PM
    That plastic piece can be popped off and then double check the lock operation.
    The bezel does become brittle, hot or cold. But the problem could also be a weak lock actuator.
    If it's already cracked, take it off and see what happens and let us know.

Feb 12, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Thank You Captan and Kitch I'll check it as soon as the weather clears up (ice storm right now) and report back to you
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 07:10 PM
    There's a screw hidden behind a little cover. You'll see it . It's in the deepest part of the bezel. Just use a pocket screwdriver to pry it open. It swings open like a little door.
    The rest is 1-2-3.
    Stay warm.====kitch.

Feb 13, 2008, 07:57 PM
    Thank you again for all your input. I think that I will obtain a new bezel before working on the old one as I am sure that the old one is not repairable

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1998 Toyota Camry auto shift gear light [ 1 Answers ]

My 1998 Toyota Camry auto shift gear light went off last week. What should I do to replace it? Where to start un-assemble the parts to reach the light bulb? If you have the answer please send e-mail to me. Make sure to write 1998 Camry on the subject line. Too many spam e-mails. If not...

1989 Toyota Camry [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a 89 Camry when I put the key in the ignition and try to crank it and it won't crank it is manual and the only way it cranks over is when I push it what could it be? Please answer ASAP I would appreciate it Thank You

Replacing the interior door handle to my 1996 toyota camry [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone out there tell me how to replace the interior door handle to my 1996 toyota camry. Is this something I can do myself or should I take it in to the dealer. I am fairly handy but need to know if I have to remove the door panel. It is the drivers door handle. I would appreciate any help....

View more questions Search