Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kitkat76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Mildew odor coming from the kitchen sink
    There is an mildew odor coming from the kitchen sink. I have tried putting baking soda, lemons and bleach down it but nothing has worked. It seems like it is mainly coming from the garbage disposal side of the sink. On some days it is stronger than others, but now I have to keep the drain caps on both sides in order to keep the smell out.

Please Help!!

Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 16, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Dump a few large pans of boiling water down the disposal followed by bleach followed by a quartered lemmon. Let me know. Tom
    Kitkat76 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Thanks Tom! I did what you said and it helped.:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Odor from vent next to kitchen sink faucet [ 8 Answers ]

We have some sort of vent thing on our kitchen sink that has some awful smells coming out of it. The dishwasher drain attaches to it just below the sink at a T. On the other part of the T there is a black rubber hose running back down to the PVC pipe below the disposal and above the trap. Sometimes...

Odor coming from under Kitchen sink [ 73 Answers ]

I have noticed an odor coming from the cabinets where the kitchen sink is. I have looked for any leaks where the sink is, but have not found any. Could the odor be coming from the sewage? How can I tell? If so, then what can I do to get rid of it? Any help would be a appreciated. Thanks.

Odor coming from shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

We’ve lived in our new house for one month. There is a pungent broccoli and dirty sock odor coming from one of the three bathrooms. Prior to moving in, the plumber dug up the slab to add a shower and moved the drain for the tub. This is a one-story and all drains in the bath are going to the same...

Sewer odor from kitchen sink when washing machine discharges [ 1 Answers ]

Here goes... When the washing machine discharges water, I get a strong sewer smell from the kitchen sink. 1. Washing machine is located in the basement and empties into a utility sink. 2. Both kitchen sink drain and utility sink drain enter into the same cast iron pipe located in the concrete...

Musky odor coming from heat vents [ 1 Answers ]

We installed a humidifier to our furnace in February. Could it be causing the musky odor that we periodically get from the vents? What is funny about it is that the smell is not there 24/7 and when it is present it comes more from one or two vents only. If that makes any sense.

View more questions Search