Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Caracalla Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2006, 05:08 PM
    I can read but not see The Images, Please Help if you can!
    Hi everybody,

Visiting the following site http://www.perezhilton.com/ I can read the paragraphs but could not see any pictures. So if sombody could please
    advise if I have to download additional software or plug-ins or simply adjust my browser 'Explorer'. I know that if there is a little box with the red X than the image is not there any more. However this is not the case here, what I see when I go to their home page is The plain text and the images are not there. It could be something simple but I don't know what to do.

Your effort is highly valued and appreciated

THANKS
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 05:30 PM
    I can see all the images in both Firefox and IE. Do yourself a favour, if your IE is broken it's a perfect time to convert to Firefox. Plenty of us here can give you hints and tips on configuring a few things (like bloking ads) that you'll love.

Jun 29, 2006, 05:35 PM
    Att: Need Karma, Thank you.

Do you suggest that I uninstall IE because I have so much Favorite Links
    Organized and I am not sure about transferring everything in to Firefox.

I will try Firefox anyway but wouls appreciate any help regarding IE.

Regards
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2006, 05:38 PM
    When you install Firefox it will prompt you to import your IE favorites and cookies, etc.
    Can't really uninstall IE as it's so tied in to the OS. Plus you still might need it for the odd site.

Jun 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
    Att: Need Karma, Thanks

Any Idea why can't I see Images since many of my friend can.
    There must be something...

Regards
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 12:32 AM
    Chances are there is a problem with a cached version of the page. Try hitting CTRL + F5 when on the page to see if that helps. It might also be worth going into the Internet Options (from the tools menu) and clearing out your cookies & temporary internet files.

Even if you get it fixed though - still try Firefox. It's 101 times better than IE.

Jun 30, 2006, 12:10 PM
    ATT: LTheobald

Thank you for responding.

Tried CTRL+F5 and apperantly the little images like adverts etc. are
    There, but the News images are not there, or one is there and others
    Are not. What bothers me that it does not leave the empty box of
    Some sort to indicate the error so that I may at least name the problem.

Same thing with Mozilla Firefox. Could it be that I should change the setting or..
    In the Windows XP or change the rule of some sort?

Regards
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 2, 2007, 08:48 AM
    If you're having the same problem with Firefox it's probably not the browser. Three possibilities come to mind:

1. The site is very media-heavy and if you have a slow connection it will probably take a long time to load. That's one possibility; how fast is your connection, and are you waiting long enough to make sure the page isn't loading or is loading sslloowwllyy?

2. Are you behind a firewall? If so, it might be setup to match images that meet certain criteria and block them. You can check its settings (if you're in a corporate environment this will be set by the IT department and you'll be out of luck - reading nonbusiness sites at work may not be a good idea in any case)

3. Do you have child safety software installed? If so, it might be setup to match images that meet certain criteria and block them. Check the settings. I don't know your age but if you're a minor (no offense meant - your profile doesn't say) you need to check with your parents & see if they can/will change the settings so you can view this site.

Note that items 2 & 3 are sometimes bundled in a single security package; Norton and McAfee are two examples. If you've installed a security package, check the documentation for information on turning off the appropriate options (or post back here for help :)).

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see images on some websites [ 4 Answers ]

I get a cross instead of a picture or banner on some sites. Can anybody please advise. Thanks. Jim.

Images won't load PLEASE HELP! [ 7 Answers ]

Not all images on Yahoo.com, Cnet.com and other sites aren't loading? HAs anyone else had this problem. When I right-click the placeholder where the image should be it says the image is at i.i.com.com or us.a1.yimg.com and they won't load. Please help!

Yahoo Images [ 12 Answers ]

I have Yahoo set as my homepage and recently there are images that have not been loading when I go to Yahoo. For example, the Yahoo! Logo at the top of the page does not load. Other images on the page load, but some don't. When I right click on the images that do not load, there is an option to...

Real time images [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any website which allows free viewing of real time images from satellite of our cities , countries etc. I mean , I want to view my own house in real time is it possilble..

No images [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find help for. Can someone tell me why I have no images in some of my windows just white boxes with red x's in them? Thank you, J

View more questions Search