Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lifeislife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 09:12 PM
    Girlfriend ignoring me to hide her feelings?
    So I have been dating this girl for a year and 7 months. We get along great. No problems hardly at all.
    For the past month we started arguing. We both decided to take a break. She said she needs her space and time. She use to call me everyday and text me everyday to say how much she loved me . Now when I text her she doesn't respond. We have been on a break now for about 3 weeks.
    I hear from her about once a week. I have a friend that knows her and she said she just goes out with her girls and stays home a lot. She does tell me she misses me and wants to find out if she really loves me or not. I feel like she is trying to keep her distance because when she talks to me or sees me, her feelings get really strong on how much she loves me. Why do girls do that?
    Anyway, I was just wondering what I should do? Should I do NC? Or what?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2008, 11:13 PM
    Let me guess... Ur last fight was about you "ignoring" her calls and not returning her texts within hours?

If I got your problem right. Speaking for myself (since been there not too long ago) when guys do that anyone will feel rejected and neglected. If you don't want to talk just say it instead of letting the phone ring 5x and leave it to the machine. What she's doing is regaining her "strenght" to get back on her senses, and partly analyze the situation.

What to do? Say sorry and wait for her response.
    mya-lim Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeislife
    So I have been dating this girl for a year and 7 months. We get along great. No problems hardly at all.
    for the past month we started arguing. We both decided to take a break. She said she needs her space and time. She use to call me everyday and text me everyday to say how much she loved me . Now when I text her she doesn't respond. We have been on a break now for about 3 weeks.
    I hear from her about once a week. I have a friend that knows her and she said she just goes out with her girls and stays home alot. She does tell me she misses me and wants to find out if she really loves me or not. I feel like she is trying to keep her distance because when she talks to me or sees me, her feelings get really strong on how much she loves me. Why do girls do that?
    Anyways, I was just wondering what I should do? Should I do NC? Or what?
    Do not think too much.
    Be positive, and let her know how much you love her..
    Love is selfish, both of them want to be only one on another' mind.
    But if you really love her. Why did you think that...
    Put your phone up, and dial.
    And ask her, I mis you so much in these days...
    How are you, I am very worry about you, why did not call me?
    Can you back to me again?

Well. Everything just back to the original..
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 05:58 AM
    Go no contact with her, you are pushing her away with constant texting. Do call or text her at all, allow her to text you. You need to heal yourself before you can even think about being the guy she wants now. You are acting like a little sissy pining over her all day and texting her. It is sure to get on her nerves, why you think she ignores you!
    XxxIMissYouHere Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeislife
    for the past month we started arguing. We both decided to take a break. She said she needs her space and time. She use to call me everyday and text me everyday to say how much she loved me . Now when I text her she doesn't respond. We have been on a break now for about 3 weeks.
    I hear from her about once a week. I have a friend that knows her and she said she just goes out with her girls and stays home alot. She does tell me she misses me and wants to find out if she really loves me or not. I feel like she is trying to keep her distance because when she talks to me or sees me, her feelings get really strong on how much she loves me. Why do girls do that?
    Anyways, I was just wondering what I should do? Should I do NC? Or what?
    Im going threw near enough the same thing here bt reversed, my kind of ex is doing this to me too so I no exactly how you feel, when they don't reply or anything. Its hard and you feel unwanted.. I guess you should wait for her to text... when she wants to talk she will text and if she doesn't... then she's not worth worrying about.. in the time that you are spendin being upset you could be moving on and finding out that there's someone so much better out there... I know that its easy to be told bt I'm going threw the same so I know its hard to do but its an option?
    lifeislife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Hey, no I never ignored her calls. I would always pick up.
    I don't txt her a lot. Maybe 2-3 times a week. Just to say hi and I miss you.
    I guess I should stop all of that?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 07:02 AM
    Yep, stop all the contact with her, time to move on
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 09:23 AM
    7 months is a perfect analysis point. She's decided you two may not be "it" for each other (and that comment has nothing to do with whether you love each other or not... that may be true and beside the point), and now you need to do the same.

7 months is a perfect time to decide. Sounds like she is deciding for you, which is fine, too.

Girls do this because sometimes they're smart.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 30, 2008, 10:31 AM
    We get along great. No problems hardly at all.
    Everyone says that, and ends up on break, and needing space. Obviously there is something you missed as she doesn't agree with you about your relationship, so what did you argue about??
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Yeah tal is right. If you get along great and don't fight at all, then what the hell happened? I hate to think she got bored but I'll try to be positive.

Is she working on something or just readjusting herself since she's not as intense as you? What do you mean currently on break-just lie low or total break up?

Communication 101...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Why is he ignoring me? [ 7 Answers ]

Could someone please help me. My boyfriend of 4 years has started to ignore me over the last few weeks. He doesn't ring me or see me, ignores my calls and I honestly have no idea what I have done for his to act like this. Is he not interested anymore? I know he is not cheating I don't think he...

My girlfriend says she loves me has feelings for someone else [ 8 Answers ]

Me and my girl have been going on for 5 weeks now and she said she loves me, we've talked about marridge and life together after high school and picked out kids names. I thought we had it perfect and we were destined for each other but last night I learned she has feelings for her ex who dumped her...

Boyfriend Feelings after girlfriend faked rape [ 9 Answers ]

First I would like to thank everyone that has spent time to read our situation. This is the most complicated relationship I've ever been in. We have been dating for about 70 days now and within those 70 days I have formed a strong attachment. Is it love? I don't even know. Could just be the...

Is he ignoring me? [ 15 Answers ]

A few months back I started seeing someone occasionally. This person sent me many emails suggesting to have a "fling". But the condition was that this person not "hate" me once we were done and that we remain the friends we were. The person agreed. Now that it's over, this person seems to be...

Ignoring me. [ 10 Answers ]

For the past couple of days, my ex-girlfriend has been ignoring me. She doesn't want to talk to me during school at all. She just instant messages me and asks me for help for homework.. I say hi or ask her questions, but she won't answer at all when I get a chance to see her. We left off on...

View more questions Search