Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrismcr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Tiny red bumps on upper under arms, elbows, hands
    I have had these tiny little red bumps, not pimples, with no puss or under material. They are just little raised bumps that itch like crazy. I have them on my underarms, near my armpit, elbow joints(front and back), and my hands. I am just curious as to what this is? If anyone has any info on what it might be or answers, please let me know.
    Attached Images

lemony Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2008, 11:30 PM
    You could be allergic to your laundry detergent or shower soap? But if you haven't changed boxes/bottles/bars recently then I don't know.
    I'd go to the doctor - especially if anything else is going on.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2008, 06:57 AM
    It does indeed look like an allergic reaction of sorts. Have you recently changed laundry detergent, shower soap, or possibly fabric softener?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2008, 10:05 AM
    It sort of looks like a contact dermatitis that you have scratched into prominence. Maybe you are allergic to something like a cat or wool?

If I were you, I would first change the soaps I use, from the soap I shower with to the detergent I wash my sheets with. I would stop scratching! I would always wear clean clothes. If you have pets, don't allow them on your bed! Animal dander is very itchy to many people.

If no improvement in a couple of weeks, see a dermatologist!
    buju5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2010, 05:47 PM
    I also have small bumps on my arms. I think I had it my whole life but really noticed them in high school. I don't know what they are but doubt that they are an allergic reaction since I tried many different detergents.
    tata02 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 04:30 PM
    I have these tiny bumps that scattered all over my body it started on my hands,chest,breast, legs , stomach and my back ,they are very itchy I try not itch them but if I do it burns I don't know what they are please help?
    Scottm56659 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 04:22 PM
    I have the same thing right now. But mine started on my butt and inner thigh now it can be found on my elbows and knees and inner arms. It itches like crazy. I have tried benadryl, I have tried Centirzine (antihistamine 10mg) I have tried various itching relief creams.. Nothing works. It has been three weeks now and since I don't have insurance I can't go to the doctor.
    Chriissy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2011, 04:48 AM
    I have the same irritation on my arms. But it seems to be at its worse when I walk into my work. When we wash dishes or clean the tables, there's this substance containers, they are filled with this special sanitizer. I've worked here for a year and a half. And this is my second time getting a reaction from my work place. The other day, I just walked in there to talk, and instantly I got a reaction. Please help
    tristanm01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2012, 01:23 AM
    It's called keratosis pilaris. An overproduction of keratin. There is no cure, just moisturize and use a gentle scrub with salicylic acid.I suffer from it myself :-/ it sucks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny zit like bumps on arms [ 8 Answers ]

For years I have had little bumps on my forearms. Not painful, not rashy. About the size of little zits, but not red at all. Just flesh colored. My bet is that they are hair follicles, but... they never go away or get smaller. Anyone have any ideas as to what they are and how to get rid of...

Ugly bumps on upper arms [ 10 Answers ]

Hi. I've always had these annoying bumps on my upper arms. I never knew how I got them and how to lose 'em. Most of my friends have them too. Does anybody know what they are and how to get rid of them?? HELP!!

Tiny red dots on arms and hands [ 1 Answers ]

I was in ballet class yesterday and we were doing a series of turns with our arms to the side (usually, for these turns, the arms are in front of us, like we're holding a giant beach ball). At the end of the sequence, I noticed that my hands and lower arms were a bit itchy (similar to prickly...

Tiny pimply bumps on fingers/hands [ 29 Answers ]

I have these tiny pimply bumps mainly around the sides or top of my fingers.. there is no puss.. no heads on them.. just a tiny raised bumps.. in clusters usually.. although they usually start as 1 and grow into clusters.. they are itchy.. although not enough for me to want to scratch them.. they...

Red Rash on upper arms [ 7 Answers ]

I've had this rash my whole life. I don't know what its called. My mom took me to the doctor when I was a teen and they prescribed lotion, that did not work. I was wondering if anyone else had this rash. Have you ever had it cured? Do you know anything that could help me?

View more questions Search