Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkston Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2004, 09:42 AM
    Intern insurance?
    I am implementing an internship program for high school students in central Florida.  the focus of the program is to expose/preview career options upon graduating from high school through continuing education.  hopefully the intern will have a better perspective of what they want before they get to college... in a nut shell.  one of the businesses I was recruiting explained they wouldn't take on an intern unless they were insured.  they didn't know the "why" or the "how", but said unless they (the intern) were insured, no dice.  can anyone give me the rhyme & reasons for this, and what type of insurance is needed.  

Thanks in advance
    reinsuranc Posts: 92, Reputation: 6

Jun 24, 2004, 05:33 AM
    Re: intern insurance?
    It seems to me most businesses provide the appropriate insurance on their employees. I need to know the particular business, and what the intern would be doing. I think it would have to be a pretty unusual business to expect the employees to get their own insurance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 - Foreign Intern [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I started a professional training program in the US last year and it will go on until end of November. My employer gave me a 1099-MISC form but so far I don't know what I have to do. I am beginning to worry as the deadline arrives. What form do I have to fill, what mistakes can I...

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Tax as an intern [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am a student wo entered US in aug 05 on an F1 visa .right now working as an intern in state of New Jersey. Can you please tell me how much taxes will be deducted in my salary when I am working as an intern on curriculum practica training(CPT) Thanks

Pet Insurance [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have here have pet insurance? If so, what company do you use and are you happy with the coverage? I've been looking into this lately for my dogs after losing my cat to cancer, which we chose not to treat partly for financial reasons. Most of the policies I've looked at don't seem to...

View more questions Search