Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gw2002 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2007, 04:34 PM
    a/c float switch wiring connections
    While working in my attic, I accidentally disconnected one of the eletrical leads from the float switch in my condenser drip pan. Both leads are small gauge, plain black insulate wiring. One lead is still connected to the wiring panel on the side of the hvac unit. The other lead that I kicked loose - I cannot figure out what to reconnect it to. Any suggestions? If need be, I could look more closely and identify exactly the lay-out of my junction box and identify the terminals on it.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Typically it is just the low voltage thermostat wire. They can use the switch to break one of two wires to pass code, so it's hard to tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find float switch for ac unit [ 1 Answers ]

I need a float switch for emergency turn off if the water(the water is ccndensation) backs up in the ac. I don't need a pump. I have a line running from the ac going into the sewage line for drainage but house inspector told me to get an emgergency turn off switch- he called it a float switch. I...

3-way switch wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble wiring a 3way light system. I am looking to run two lights from both ends of the switches. My explanation is I had a single light & switch at the top of stairs and a single light & switch at the bottom of stairs. I have ran 12-3 wires between switchs but not sure how to wire...

Dimer switch wiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a single pole switch with a new dimer switch. On the dimer there are four wires, rerd-black-blue and the ground. Where are all these wires connecting to. Jeff

Wiring a light switch [ 2 Answers ]

The light currently just has a pull cord and I want a simple wall switch instead. The power runs to the light from the other side of the room. Do I just need to run a wire from the switch to the light and tie it in or have the power come to the switch first and then to the light? How does it tie...

View more questions Search