Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    takeemmac Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2006, 04:14 PM
    Mtd mower/ not starting
    I have a mtd yard machine that has a 18 hp brigs. This machine will only start and run buy shorting the 2 post on the solenoid, and the key on when you shut the key off it turns off.? The motor has been removed and put on another mower today and I have the same problem different solenoid, starting switch there are no safety switches on the new machine. I need to know what wires and in what position they go too on the starter switch.. it's getting dark please help...
    thebriggsdude Posts: 1,096, Reputation: 53
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2006, 10:30 PM
    Any possibility the other solenoid was in the same shape? Make sure all the wires are tight, as well as the battery cables to the battery, starter, etc. the key off and key on thing, pretty much doesn't mean much, except that any safetly switches seem to be working. http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com/.../allwiring.pdf
    Maybe this will help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can use some help on starting a new career. [ 2 Answers ]

I've been working as a bartender for 12 years and suddenly lost my position because the city took the building I was working in, now I've had odd jobs here and there, but because I have really bad Asthma - which I'm working on to control - it makes it hard for me to find work in my former...

Just starting [ 1 Answers ]

Any loan officers that can help me start in the biz need some good sales lines for honest person ;)

Starting My COmputer [ 6 Answers ]

Hello: when I start my computer is does not completely load and then I have to unplug if for 5 seconds and then it will load windows XP. If I unplug it to begin with it will start right up. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Derek

Starting windows [ 3 Answers ]

My puter crashed and after wiping the hard drive and redoing it, it now asks me which windows operating system I would like to run.. Either windows XP pro... which I have installed or windows.Can anyone tell me what I did wrong on installation? And what I need to do to stop it from asking.Thanks

View more questions Search