Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Animal Farm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2005, 11:31 AM
    Diabetic Cat Help
    I have a 12 year old, diabetic, spayed, feline. She has been insulin dependent for approx 5 years. Occasionally, she may go a week or more and require NO insulin. She's been on Humulin-Ultra the entire time. Has anyone ever had a bad bottle? This bottle is less than two weeks old, but her #'s are over 300 when normally she is just under 200? :confused:
    ludy_23 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Did you accidentally leave it out of the fridge? It can go bad pretty quickly when not chilled. Also, our vet recommended a switch from Humulin to PZI, which is formulated especially for animals. Both of my diabetic cats receive insulin daily - I've never heard of being able to go a "week or more" without.
    mrscoltweaver Posts: 240, Reputation: 20

Mar 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
    When was the last time a glucose curve was done by your vet? The insulin dose may need to be changed. Also, I have never heard of any other way of regulating diabetes in cats or dogs where you did not give insulin daily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diabetes: How much sugar should a diabetic limited to? [ 3 Answers ]

How much sugar should a diabetic be limited to? (gram per day or week?)

Diabetic cooking [ 1 Answers ]

I recently found out that I am a diabetic and am trying to cook healthy meals. Does anyone have any recipies for good vegetable dishes. I am trying not to use starchy vegetables. My Doctor said vegetables were free for me to eat so I can have more of them if they are not the starchy kind! Yumm...

Diabetic dog [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has diabetes and I can't get her to eat, she vomits every time she eats or drinks this is the first time this has happened. I think she is having a hypoglycemic episode, should I give her her shot anyway? I just put some karo syrup on her teeth so she could get some sugar, can anyone help me.

Diabetic diet [ 1 Answers ]

My Aunt is a big, beautiful, mature woman who has just been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. She is having a problem understanding how to convert carbs to grams. Her dietician is a wonderful person, but doesn't realize that she is 70 years old and may not catch on as quickly as a younger...

View more questions Search