Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Botto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2006, 03:02 AM
    Symantec; error LU1875
    In trying to get a virus update on Norton my computer shows error LU1875 i.e. the update failed. The procedure to rectify this shows in step 3 that "using the cursor select the following line of text, including the quotation mark at the end: regsvr32/u"c:\program files\norton systemworks\norton antivirus\navlucbk.dll" However no such text appears on the screen afte completing step 2. Where do I find this text?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Hi,
    Is this Norton 2004?
    I have done extensive research on the web, for this issue; even been to Symantec.
    I cannot find any good answers, as to solving the issue. Maybe someone here has had the same problem.
    I am answering your question, but only to suggest AVG; at:
    http://www.grisoft.com
    Many, many people have problems with Norton, and most suggest some other virus protection programs. If you wish to remove Norton, there are "fixes" at Symantec to help remove them. That says something about Norton, because the computers "uninstall" will not completely uninstall it.
    I quit using Norton 4 yrs ago, in favor of the "buy" version of AVG; only about $39 for 2 yrs subscription. Some use the free verson. I just wanted to support them.
    Best wishes, and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Symantec Error message: LU 1814 [ 2 Answers ]

I have been receiving messages from my Norton Internet Security that my virus protection is out of date. When I click on "live update" the process stops with a message: "LU 1814: Live update could not retreive the update list." I have gone to the Symantec web site and tried their solutions...

Error code Lu1875 with Norton [ 2 Answers ]

Hey anyone... I'm Bob, a rookie at this asking a question stuff, but I really need help with a Norton Live Update problem... recently I renewed my Norton antivirus subscription... have done the live update before and after the renewed subscription and never a problem... now when I run the live...

HELP! Symantec Antivirus 10 CHANGES User's Documents link in My Computer [ 6 Answers ]

I have installed Symantec Antivirus 10.0.1.1000 Client on my computer and noticed something strange. In "My Computer" there are all the partitions and two Documents folders: Shared Documents and PIRATA!'s Documents (in my case my user is called PIRATA!) If you double click on it you will see...

Symantec Problems in Safe Mode [ 5 Answers ]

I am infected with Trojan Startpage and following instructions from Symantec need to run AV in safe mode. I am not very knowledgeable on computers but managed to get XP to start in safe mode. When I try to run Symantec Antivirus it fails to start. It throws up an error that asks me whether I...

Removing Symantec... [ 3 Answers ]

I've tried to reinstall Nortons 2003 and I got an error, it's looking for the orton Aniti Virus LABEL (whatever that is, thinking it's the original CD) but I have this burned copy of Nortons that I just in case I misplace or break the original copy (with I happen to do), no I can't reinstall the...

View more questions Search