Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juju82 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 09:12 PM
    How to get commercial cleaning contracts
    I have a cleaning company that has lots of residential business but have no idea how to land commercial contracts I don't know were to start any help would be most appreciated. Julian thanks.
    chrisrvc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2009, 10:11 PM
    If I had to do this I would make a list of the commercial companies I wanted to work for or at least inquire to , then I would do a search on Google to see if they have a website.

Most commecial companies have websites. And then some of those should have a link for carreers or jobs with us , something or other, so you could view jobs available and apply there. If they don't have that then you can look for contact us and send an e-mail with a little sales pitch LOL.

The other places without a website just call and ask you'd be surprised sometimes. When I was in need of employment or a contract through my life I would contact the company myself and inquire whether they were hiring or not, its surprising how many times I got jobs with companies that didn't have an ad for hire.

I hope this answer gives you some help
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2009, 10:49 PM

Hi, Julian!

If you try "cold calling" them, that is, visiting them in person and ask to speak with whoever would be in charge of hiring outside cleaning services, you'll probably get the best results.

I would also suggest bringing with you some documentation listing your contact information, the services that you offer as well as your prices. You could also ask if they're satisfied with their present cleaning service as well as the prices that they're paying. You might also offer to beat the prices of the competition.

If you're looking to actually work as an employee for a company cleaning, then the person to approach would be the human resources person, or whatever that person might be called in a particular company.

As mentioned in the post above, doing some research on the Internet for companies to approach would be a good idea!

Thanks!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jan 5, 2009, 11:17 PM

The way that I read your question was that you have a cleaning company that cleans residential and would like to now do commercial also. If this is correct then I would make the following suggestions:

Clough is correct that cold calling and being persistent in getting the persons' name that contracts with OSC's (outside service companies) is one of the best of several methods. I would get their phone numbers AND their email addresses, call and email them. Research on line about the proper method of emailing for business. But first try to call them personally as contact on the first cold call is rare. Making personal contact on the phone should be brief and to the point. BE POLITE but clear and precise about why you are calling them. Then set up an appointment to see them in person (be prepared with answers). Never give them any pricing information until you see the area to be cleaned and have the specifications.

Advertising is another great way to get clients Clough can answer any questions you may have pertaining to this part.

Another great way is networking. Actually this is the best method. People talk to people that know the same people. Go to your local Chamber meetings and get to know all of them, participate in their functions, ask for sales... never be bashful not in business; if you want any success.

Network everyone you talk to, you NEVER know who you may be talking to OR who they know. Offer a small commission to those who give you a name and phone number AND will go and talk for you to this person that will give you business. Possibly 10 to 15% of the first month's billing, but only if it becomes a job/contract.

I hope that I was helpful, please let me know.

Stringer
    imlahmore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 04:18 PM
    Hi . Me and my husband just started a cleaning company and will like to know how to start getting some residential business. Your expertise will be greatly appreciated.
    Business Expert

Dec 21, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imlahmore View Post
    hi . Me and my husband just started a cleaning company and will like to know how to start getting some residential business. your expertise will be greatly appreciated.

email me at: [email protected]
    Good evening imlahmore,

On this site you are to start your own thread when asking a question not directly pertaining to this OP's question and not piggyback it on their thread.

Please go to the Home Page (top left corner of this page), pick a category in Business such as Home Business and then click ASK. this will generate your own thread and will get a lot more exposure and will hopefully bring more answers to help you.

When you do this, I will be more than happy to assist where I can.

Plus it is not permitted to advertise your services or products on this site. I went to the page you listed although I didn't find anything pertaining to you?

Stringer
    1vandetta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2010, 09:41 PM
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm started a cleaning business and I would like to find out how to bid on government contract and private industries. At this moment I'll take any contract I can get so if anybody knows the answer to my question please share with me thanks.
    Business Expert

Jan 4, 2010, 11:38 PM

Hi 1vandetta,

Please read my post above #6.

Thanks,

Stringer
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2010, 11:53 PM
    Just so everyone knows who continues to post on this thread.

Please realize that it's an old thread that is now archived and so not generally visible unless someone happens to visit the forum topic area where it's located.

Also, this isn't some kind of chat room. If you have a question that's not in some way an answer to the very first question at the top of the page, then please start a new thread with your new question so that it will get the optimum exposure.

So many get "lost in the shuffle" by piggybacking, Stringer...

Thanks!
    damana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 05:08 PM
    Above tips are really useful for me.
    Thanks
    waqas4 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 12:57 PM
    Hello,
    I am starting cleaning business, but not sure if having insurance and bonded would be the 1st thing to do before I contact commercial industry, what I understand insurance is not something everyone has, but is it crucial to have if you are approaching commercial business? Any suggestion? I mean right now I have my business just registered with local muncipility and that's about it, have business cards that I hand out and so far so good, but need to contact commercial industry but not sure what do I need before I even think of contacting them. Any idea? Suggestions?
    Business Expert

Jan 20, 2011, 01:06 PM

Hi Wagas4,

Please start your own thread and ask your question there, not on an old thread please.

Simply go to "ASK' locate 'Home Based Business" and ask your question there.

I will be happy to assist all I can if you start your own thread please.

Thanks,

Stringer
    hawin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Hi I have a office cleaning company but I want know how can I get the banks and building contract?
    murtazaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2012, 01:06 PM
    Hi my name is taz, and I have a cleaning team and a business... I need cleaning contracts... houses or offices would do... please tell me what shall I do to expand

Taz
    [email protected]
    anton2012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 04:22 PM
    Hi,
    I am working as a full time and I open cleaning company and I don't know how to market my company please and I don't know what to do.
    Business Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 07:54 PM
    Start your own thread please don't tag unto someone else's thread and you will get a lot of responses.

Click on 'ASK' above and pick the 'Small Business' category and type your question.

Stringer
    simplyclean Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2012, 09:21 AM
    Hi I own a cleaning company in BC. I great idea is to offer advertisers cleaning for a free ad. Also make a flyer and go door to door offering a great deal like 3 hours of cleaning for 25% off or something like that. Give everyone you know a business card. Write on the back of your business cards if you refer a friend you will receive $20 of your next clean. People love deals and will tell their friends. Hope this helps
    anniemaids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 08:01 AM
    Hi I been with my cleaning company for 8 years I'm the first cleaning in south Florida with green products, all natural, I have my own line of cleaning products, I will like to have the opportunity to take to a bigger level, getting government contract, please give any advise, I really appreciate, thank you.
    cleaningcompany Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2013, 10:03 AM
    Hello

When I started my cleaning business, I really did not know the a-b-c of it. But with the passage of time, the challenges will help you learn, as Stringer and the other guy suggested, the best way is to get someone on crowd-sourcing website research the phone number, company name and their email address for you. Then call them, be polite and do your mathematics after the call

It is important for you to show you care, you are loyal, locally based, may provide a great service, beat the price, and above all, the service is hassle and stress free.

Cleaning as a business in western countries is a lot of money, if you are doing it right.

Hope this helps

Luqman

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New to Office Cleaning how to get contracts [ 5 Answers ]

I recently took over a small office cleaning business from my uncle. He has some clients, machines and is insured. I manage porters and other grounds crew at a hospital and really have no knowledge in the office cleaning business. My question is how do I get new contracts, and what are the...

How to bid on commercial cleaning contracts [ 5 Answers ]

I have started a home based janitorial company. Do anyone know how to bid on commercial building cleaning jobs? I was informed that multiplying the total square foot of areas to be cleaned by cents per square foot is one way. Are there any other ways? ...

Cleaning contracts [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know how to get cleaning contracts for commercial contracts

Getting cleaning contracts? [ 2 Answers ]

My dad started a cleaning company 20 years ago by going door to door and asking if they needed their windows cleaned. It took him a long time, but now he has a successful janitorial service based entirely on word of mouth advertising. I've worked for him since I was 15 and now I'm wanting to...

View more questions Search