Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hoping4aBFP Posts: 64, Reputation: 6

Sep 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
    I'm Pregnant
    16 months of trying and I FINALLY GOT A BIG FAT POSITIVE!! :D I want to thank everyone on the board for all the help and support! I appreciate all of you.

Myth - Thanks for the baby dust. It WORKED!! How are the twins? :)

Buggage - Thanks for your baby dust too. We are what, 2 weeks apart?! YAY!! :p
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 23, 2006, 07:50 PM
    OMG!! 1

WONDERFUL NEWS!!

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!

See it is in the water.

Looks around hoping I did not drink any of that water!
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Sep 23, 2006, 09:12 PM
    LOL... keep the water away from me...

CONGRATULATIONS!!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2006, 05:11 PM
    OH MY GOSH YAY!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! We can exchange notes and all that... hahha, WOOHOO FOR US! That's all I can say haha. Oh, and yay!

Sep 24, 2006, 07:42 PM
    Thank you everyone!! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!! :D :D :D :D

Buggage - our dream finally came true! Yay for us!! :p ;)

So, now I need some advice on how I'm supposed to eat during pregnancy.
    What to avoid, what I need - things like that...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 25, 2006, 03:17 AM
    You need all of the food groups. To help lessen sickness (morning or otherwise) try to refrain from foods that make you gassy, also try to keep a little food on your stomach at all times.

Things to stay away from... foods that make you gassy, caffine, NO DIET DRINKS!! They contain aspertame as a sweetner, aspertame used to be used as a rat poison, I don't know if it still is, but stay away from anything with aspertame!

Sep 25, 2006, 12:01 PM
    Yeah, I'm already starting to get nausous. I felt fine most of the day yesterday and then as soon as I started to try to fall asleep last night I felt sick. That was a bummer.

I don't drink caffeine at all anyway, and I haven't in about the past 3 years. So, I know I'm good on that. I also don't drink diet drinks. My mom told me that aspertame is like motor oil or something. That is insane to use that as a sweetener. Aspertame is in just about every single kind of gum too, did you know that?

I have been eating salads to get more vitamins and folic acid and meats to try and get more protein. I'm upset that I can't eat tuna. I love tuna! I need to eat more fruits, I know that. I have been taking a prenatal for 5 months. I'm used to that already.

Well, I have to go to the health clinic today to take another pregnancy test for the military doctors. They need to make sure I'm not lying. Haha jk. Then, I need to call tomorrow and confirm. Then, go get a registration packet and schedule my first appointment. I am so excited!! It probably won't be for another 3 1/2 - 4 weeks, but I will keep you all posted.

Thanks for the advice J-9!

Anyone else have anything?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2006, 12:32 PM
    along with the good nutrition be sure to get reasonable exercise, especially in this early stage when your body is most able. Your back and hips can take a beating later on, and late in the pregnancy, when the body's relaxin has loosed joints up in preparation for the delivery, you'll be happy you strengthened your core.

tapes on meditation are good. Just to let you get centered and focused on your body. I'm a guy, what do I know? Well, I know it helped my wife. Maybe it'll help you too. She also read a lot. Her uterus is tilted, which can make one prone to back labor, and there was some great reading she did that absolutely helped her with the delivery of our son. So more and more info is always a good thing.

if foods really put you off you might need a different schedule for cooking and eating. My wife wasn't too bad with most foods, but strong smells would sometimes be too much. Lots of cooking was done when she was sleeping or out of the house... so it's a good time to gather some recipes you can cook and freeze.

congratulations, and hang on. Wild ride ahead. =)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Sep 26, 2006, 12:45 AM
    Congrats :D

Lots of babies and pregnancies here at AMHD :)
    I wonder who'll be next ;)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Sep 28, 2006, 08:12 AM
    See I was hogging all the baby vibes to myself. Lol... congrats hun. I guess neither of you should have twins though. As great as they are they're a handful too. That and now there are two babies for the two I have soooo I hope you both only have one... lol.;) :p
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2006, 01:06 PM
    Me too! Oh man, twins plus my son who flies around like a ball of fire all day? Haha, wow... I don't think I am ready for THAT much of an addition to our little family. Haha. One at a time thank you very much.

Sep 30, 2006, 12:59 PM
    I'm not ready for that either, but if that is what God has intended for us, I will take it as long as they are healthy!

But I would prefer ONE at a time! :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2006, 06:06 PM
    Heh yeah, I'm just glad I'm finally having one. If the Lord so choses to give me two at a time with this pregnancy, then I know its not more then I can handle... buuuuuttt ahahha, I'm still hoping its just one HAHHA. How are you feeling?

Oct 11, 2006, 12:09 AM
    I have been getting pretty sick lately. How are you feeling?

Oct 11, 2006, 07:15 AM
    Lol I'm soooo tired. I'm also house shopping... I'm just exhausted. I know your not talking to me but hey I just thought I would chime in.

Oct 11, 2006, 12:35 PM
    I want to know how you are feeling too. With just having twins, I can just imagine how exhausted you are. I'm exhausted too! How are the twins??
    Too bad you aren't looking for a house in NY. I have my real estate licnese there. I could have hooked you up. Or at least referred you to my mom since she is in NY and I am not. :p
    Ultra Member

Oct 11, 2006, 06:34 PM
    I'm still feeling sick, although I have a lot more good days then bad now
    So that is good. I'm about 2 1/2 months now, so that's fun hahha. Starting to show more now too. Haven't put on a whole lotta weight, but the belly is starting to pop. Anyway, I got to go, hubby is going crazy with terrible twos ashton hahaha. Ttys!

Oct 12, 2006, 06:51 AM
    Right now I'm dealing with a really bad diaper rash due to the changing of formula... three hours of sleep a night right now is my average... I'm going to get someone to watch them on Sunday I think just to be able to get some sleep and a shower. Other than that the twins are growing more and more. Charlie is over ten pounds now. And Jessie is almost ten pounds. I'm ready to start walking or something although I might wait until they get their first shots on halloween... I might reschedule that set... lol...

Oct 12, 2006, 09:26 AM
    I actually have more bad days than good. I am so ecstatic to finally be pregnant, but I am not ecstatic about the morning sickness. I am about 2 months, so we are 2 weeks apart, like I thought. I am not showing yet. I think I've lost weight from being so sick. I barely eat because I just can't. The thought of food makes me sick. When I am at work and I see that it's getting close to lunch time or something it makes me gag to think about food. I can eat crackers and soup occasionally. Last night I couldn't even eat soup. The only thing that sort of helps is ginger ale. So, I told my husband and brother in law not to drink my ginger ale dangit! Haha. Oh I am so excited for us. Oh, I meant to tell you sorry for deleting your comment on myspace, but nobody back home knows I'm pregnant so I didn't want them to see it and get all excited. You said mommas to be and that you were excited for us. I was like uh oh. We are planning to tell our family when they come here on the 15th of next month because we want to SEE their reactions. After that, you can comment like that all you want. ;)

Wow, the twins are getting big already! I am not prepared for the lack of sleep what so ever. I loveee sleep. I might not be cut out for this job. We will see...
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2006, 06:50 AM
    Heheheh my bad! Sorry! I thought since you replied something like that on my myspace that every knew already hahhaa, sorry! Good thing you caught that before they did! When I was preggy with my first I didn't show until I was like 5 months preggy. I had such terrible morning sickness that I had a horrible time keeping any weight onfor the 1st five months. I started 107. By the time I had him, I was 135. So I gained a good amount by the end. Don't worry, it'll all work out. The first trimester is always the hardest when it comes to morning sickness. I still have my moments, but they are getting far and few between, and they will for you too. Its pretty cool that we are only two weeks apart. My sis in law and me are the same distance apart, her being preggy first.
    Myth,: so glad that all is going well with the twins. Definitely remember to take time to yourself now and then. A sane mom is a rested mom hgahhaha. That is my motto. It doesn't always happen hahhaa, but it's a good motto. Haha. Miss our chats!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search