talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 17, 2020, 02:37 PM
    Oh please explain the order of things.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2020, 01:04 PM
    What binds all the victims together is a web of intersectionality .G
    roups of people with a perceived common identity have intragroup differences.
    When those differences clash it is inevitable that even though both think they are victims it becomes clear that one of them become oppressors . As an example ;homophobia is a problem in the black community. Think I'm wrong ? How is Mayor Pete doing with the blacks ?
    Expert

Jan 18, 2020, 02:07 PM
    He had his problems in his job as mayor of South Bend Tom, so not sure if you can blame his lack of support by blacks on just his sexual preference. Maybe that's another strike against him, I don't know, but he is doing better with his outreach to black groups of which there aren't that many opportunities for in Iowa. Or NH for that matter.
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2020, 02:15 PM
    I know this can get confusing . But woke and intersectionality are the rage on college campus these days . There is even a calculator to determine your degree of intersectionality and how you can become more woke .
    https://intersectionalityscore.com/?...&device=c&ad=2

and how would a Black straight mayor fare with the exact same set of circumstances to deal with ? I forgot to add that under intersectionality Mayor Pete is probably doing better with the Black Gay voters
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2020, 02:25 PM
    I forgot about this ....the perfect example. Mayor Pete and Kamala Harris clashed in a debate over the fact that he was blaming the fact that he was gay for his poor showing with the Black electorate .Eventually the perceived victim becomes perceived oppressor .[https://www.washingtonblade.com/2019...uttigieg-spat/
    Expert

Jan 18, 2020, 05:33 PM
    Are you shopping for another candidate since yours dropped out?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jan 18, 2020, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    No but I think you will be soon
    Expert

Jan 18, 2020, 07:52 PM
    Tom may be looking for an alternative to the dufus, but I just have to wait and see who emerges. Between the dufus and a dem the dem is the no brainer choice.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2020, 12:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Tom may be looking for an alternative to the dufus, but I just have to wait and see who emerges. Between the dufus and a dem the dem is the no brainer choice.
    Yes you would have to have no brain to choice one
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2020, 03:44 AM
    None I can see. I may write in as I did last election.
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2020, 04:50 AM
    have fun with goofy
    Expert

Jan 19, 2020, 08:28 AM
    Why not just hold your nose and vote for the dem Tom?
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2020, 08:42 AM
    show me a Dem worthy of consideration, As much as I don't like Trump ;he is still better than anyone else in the field . So if I had to"hold my nose " to vote for someone ,it would be Trump.
    Expert

Jan 19, 2020, 09:16 AM
    Another conservative with liberal derangement disorder. Folks we seem to be in the middle of a huge epidemic that has swept the country of which there is no known cure.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2020, 11:47 AM
    Talaniman: I think the epidemic you reference is call "GREAT ECONOMY"! Remember the little rat on acid that worked for Clinton named James Carville? He said during the Lewinsky Hearings "Nobody cares about all this Lewinsky mess! Its the ECONOMY STUPID!" W

When the economy is good, nobody is changing the horse in the middle of the race: they will ride it until it stops!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2020, 12:05 PM
    The economy is good but we're shooting and killing each other now that tRump encourages us to disrespect and hate each other.
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2020, 07:47 PM
    W.G.: We have ALWAYS been shooting and killing each other....Chicago, President Obama's town, is the worse for shooting and killing but nobody talks about it because its Black on Black crime. People are also killing each other with knives. Our citizens are also be strangled to death. There are even others who are poisoning other people. Besides the automobile accidents, we also have people using automobiles to run people over...ON PURPOSE! What I am telling you is this: People were killing each other in Biblical times......God's Son was murdered by other people.....God told us that we would kill each other: Killing isn't going to stop anytime soon. The idea that the left is going to use a few crazies to condemn firearms and remove citizens rights to own firearms under the U.S. Constitution's 2nd Amendment is entirely disgusting.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 19, 2020, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacuum7 View Post
    W.G.: We have ALWAYS been shooting and killing each other....Chicago, President Obama's town, is the worse for shooting and killing but nobody talks about it because its Black on Black crime. People are also killing each other with knives. Our citizens are also be strangled to death. There are even others who are poisoning other people. Besides the automobile accidents, we also have people using automobiles to run people over...ON PURPOSE! What I am telling you is this: People were killing each other in Biblical times......God's Son was murdered by other people.....God told us that we would kill each other: Killing isn't going to stop anytime soon. The idea that the left is going to use a few crazies to condemn firearms and remove citizens rights to own firearms under the U.S. Constitution's 2nd Amendment is entirely disgusting.
    Yes, we have but nowadays the level of disrespect toward each other is mindboggling. And customers and even employees screaming at people speaking Spanish to go back to their country because "in America we speak English". Like, what???? No we don't want them to. That's the beauty of this country, that all cultures and languages are welcome here -- or USED TO BE before a certain person became president.

Read the newspaper, V7. Listen to the news. I am so glad I no longer drive and go to the mall and grocery shop and go to movies and eat out at restaurants. The level of incivility and lack of respect are shameful!!!! Then, let these idiots have guns??? Yeah, right....
    Expert

Jan 20, 2020, 08:12 AM
    Hello Vac, nice rant on the ills of the big city, and the root cause is a huge contraction of economic opportunities by consumers. Tight budgets and lack of revenue produces the squallor and lost revenue that produces those people that have to kill each other trying to hsutle that dollar, but we also have those many rural areas that ain't got no money either which we never hear about and the finances is as dire there as the big city. Amazing how we can always pick those negative headlines from some admittedly bad places and broadbrush an exaggerated picture of gloom and doom, yet ever fail to address the root cause of financial extraction and lack of a financial plan to address the challenge.

Now we have Tom and Clete blaming woman for complaining about the bad behavior of men, like how dare they.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Woke up during the procedure [ 2 Answers ]

I had surgery tow weeks ago under general anesthesia but woke up during the procedure - it has been recorded in my medical notes, but would like to know what my options are in trying tp decide what to do next. Thanks

Cat woke up limping [ 4 Answers ]

My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.

Woke up with a bug stuck in my thigh! [ 12 Answers ]

I woke up and I walked straight into the bathroom so I could take my shower, while undressing I saw a bug-yes a bug- stuck in my thigh! I was absolutely scared, it didn't hurt but I couldn't pull it out. When I finally did it left like a little sore. Which kind of hurts. I'm not sure what kind of...

Woke up dizzy and with a headache [ 8 Answers ]

So this morning I woke up and had a slight headache. I kept hitting snooze. Then when I finally got out of bed I nearly fell over because I was so dizzy. That was at 7:20 this morning. Its now almost 9 and I'm still dizzy and I still have a headache. Not sure what could cause it... yesterday was...

View more questions Search