Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Answershealth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2014, 05:13 PM
    Has anyone had impacted wisdom teeth that were growing sideways
    Hi, have you experienced having impacted wisdom teeth that were growing sideways snugly right under the sinus walls? I would like to have mine removed but I'm afraid of the complications as there seems to be a lot. After reading on the internet, I'm afraid that the sinus walls would be broken after reading how thin the membrane is. I'm having a lot of health issues and I don't want to add on further health problems. I haven't talked to the dental surgeon yet as he has a very long wait list and I'm pretty anxious. I have ringing in ears and feel some disruption in my Eustachian tubes, all of which are not measurable. And would like to know if anyone has experienced this or could add some thoughts. Thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 30, 2014, 05:26 PM
    Never even had wisdom teeth, but I assure you that you will have worse health problems by procrastinating.
    I don't quite get what you say about why you haven't made an appointment. An oral surgeon will know all about your membranes and sinuses. That's why they go to so many more years of school! Just make sure that he is a real oral surgeon. Not a job for a regular dentist.

I am losing my teeth in my late 60s, and have tinnitus and clogging/soreness in one Eustachian tube. Also discomfort from that ear to the nostril on the same side. It makes sense that nerves in the jaw go to nearby places, and that congestion in the Eustachians can be related.
    30 years ago I had an infected tooth under a crown and my dentist didn't see the crack down to my jaw, even on an Xray. I was very, very sick for 10 months. When I saw a periodontist, he recognized it immediately, removed the tooth, and I felt better in 2 to 3 days. I'm not suggesting that you have an infection.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 05:35 PM
    I had a wisdom tooth removed that went into my sinus cavity. Unfortunately, a regular dentist did it...and he wasn't very good. Hours later, when I removed the gauze as suggested, I started spurting blood out of my nose. This scared the hell out of my 4 year old who started running around screaming and begging me not to die. Anyway, that eventually cleared up and got better. The other 3 I had removed by an oral surgeon...he had to take pieces of my jaw with one of them but he did a fantastic job and I had no after-effects.

What I'm saying is just to be sure you get a decent oral surgeon and you should be fine. He/she will tell you all you need to know ahead of time.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 30, 2014, 07:43 PM
    All four of my wisdom teeth grew in sideways towards the sinus cavity. I had all 4 removed when I was 18 after years of issues because of them. An orthodontist took mine out. I did have one issue, one of the cavities re-opened at which point they had to cauterize and restitch. That wasn't fun. But all in all, other than the normal discomfort of having wisdom teeth removed, I had no major issues.
    Raul Rivera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2015, 01:54 PM
    Just had the top two removed. From what my dentist had, there was no reason to have the bottom (impacted) removed since they have fully matured and shouldn't move around.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2015, 02:20 PM
    Had one wisdom tooth growing sideways on the bottom. Let it go too long and when it HAD to come out, they had to do a bone graft to support the rear molar which ultimately came out too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a wisdom tooth isn't impacted does it need to be removed still? [ 4 Answers ]

My wisdom teeth are not impacted or anything but was wondering if they're not impacted and its just a partial eruption is it still a must to have them removed or is there a better chance I will not need them removed if its just a partial eruption...

Why am I having pain in my regular teeth after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I wanted to know when I would be able to lay flat in bed? I have been propping up my head with pillows for the past 4 nights and wanted to know when is a good time to start sleeping normally. Also, I am having a lot of pain in my lower left side of...

Wisdom teeth Impacted [ 13 Answers ]

So I went to the dentist for the first time in a few years, low and behold, all 4 wisdom teeth need to be pulled. They are impacted, just wanted to see what I can expect from this procedure. Will they put me out? Use numbing agents, laughing gas. What do the prescribe after for pain? Is it a...

Wisdom Teeth [ 14 Answers ]

My son had his 4 wisdom teeth and 4 back molars removed yesterday. He has kept the gause on nad changed as needed. He has now put the tea bags on the spot since it is still bleeding. Is this normal? Should he put the gause back in? I do not want him to get dry sockets as I have heard that this...

Flax Seeds and Impacted Anal Glands - & why do they become impacted? [ 1 Answers ]

Can preventing a dog's stool from becoming too hard by feeding her ground up flax seed - Also work on impacted anal glands... any connection? Is there any thing one might feed a dog to prevent this from happening? Why does it happen? Thanks.:eek:

View more questions Search