Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yesman10 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2009, 05:16 PM
    Searching for reliable DVD recorder/VCR combo unit.
    Would appreciate any recommendations for a good, reliable, easy-to-use DVD recorder/VCR combo unit. I had an RCA DCR8335, but it has lost its mind. VCR motor runs while the unit is off, locks up, not easy to program recordings.

Also had bad experience with a Sanyo DVD player--no longer turns on.

Looking for combo unit so I can transfer old personal VHS tapes to DVD. Need tuner in unit to be able to record TV programs for later playback. Connecting to older TV with coax and RCA input jacks.

Have read some reviews of Panasonic DMR-EZ48VK. Ranks high, but have also read some consumer reviews that have not been positive--failures, poor manual, poor remote, hard to set up and program.

Does any manufacturer make a reliable combo unit? Do manufacturers ever try their products out with consumers or do they just throw this stuff out there as cheaply as they can?

Thanks for your input!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 05:38 PM

I like Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, JVC and Philips

I read that Panasonic ranks highest but I always had problems with their speakers so I won't buy Panasonic.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2009, 05:55 PM

I looked it up and I saw things that said the Panasonic can be hard to use.

These had good ratings.
    Sony SLVD380P DVD/VCR combo

JVC HR-XVC11B DVD/VCR combo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I hook up a DVD Recorder/VCR Combo to my TV. [ 6 Answers ]

I have just purchased a DVD Recorder/VCR Combo in order to copy my old VCR tapes to DVD. I have my TV hooked up to Dish Network. I have tried all day to hook up my new recorder to my TV with no luck. Is there any way of just hooking it up to my TV and not going through my Dish Network at all? I am...

Connecting hdtv, cable, dvr/vhs combo recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I have connected our Sony hdtv to Comcast cable box with hdmi cord (input hdmi1 ) And a dvd/vhs recorder (SONY RDR-VXD655) via hdmi cord. (input hdmi 2) I also connected the recorder to cable via the audio/video cord (red, yellow, white) cord (as manual directed) (as cable “tech” suggested I...

DVR, VCR/DVD recorder Combo, Receiver, TV Connection Diagram [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Scientific Atlantic Cable DVR and would like a diagram on how to connect a Panasonic VCR/DVD recorder so that I can burn to DVD or copy from the DVR. Any help is appreciated. Thanks:)

DVD/VCR recorder combo units [ 1 Answers ]

Hello anyone, I am looking to buy a combo unit as described above. I have looked in stores and on line. I am confused by the information about analog vs digital output. What do I need to look for when buying a unit so it will work when the TV stations do away with analog. I want to buy a unit...

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

View more questions Search